In Case Of Emergency Radio Show

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Falcon15, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

icoe. Many of you monkeys know me, many know of me. A select few know who I am.

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself: My name is Don Pontious and I am the author of Some Helpful Tips for Prepping and Some Helpful Tips For Bug Out Bags. I am also the host for the Talk Radio show for preppers, and about things related to prepping: In Case Of Emergency.

For many reasons, one of which was OPSEC considerations, I did not reveal these facts in the past.

However, this forum, and you folks are the place I call home, and people I call family.

I wanted you to have a venue to be able to send your family, friends, reluctant preppers, people on the verge of waking up to: the radio show (I even have archives).

The purpose of my blog, books, and radio show always have, and always will be helping people get prepared.

Those things being said, I wanted to extend a very warm invitation to you, your friends, your families, the folks you know who are on the fence to come on over and have a listen.

The In Case Of Emergency show currently has the following schedule:
    Sundays - 5-7 PM Eastern
    Tuesdays - 5-7PM Eastern
    Thursdays - 5-7PM Eastern

It can be found on the web at: SHTF Series

Also, I keep archived shows at: Archived Shows

And, the blog that started it all is over at: Blog

The radio station has been down for maintenance for about 3 weeks. However, this Sunday show, featuring @BTPost will be the premiere show, when the new web site and updated hardeware go online!

We will be discussing power generation, fuel sources, off grid living, and whatever else may come of our talks.

There is a live call in line as well, for any listeners who have questions:
    1-567-314-9087

I know BTPost and I both would love to hear from fellow Monkeys during the show, even just to say hello!

Oh, and Tuesday's show will feature Mike Blackgrave of SEAMOK Tactical. discussing the importance of hand to hand, armed and unarmed combat training. I am also trying to get the Author of the Prepper Pete children's book series on the show.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Looking forward to Sundays Show.... We will be discussing Energy, It's Production, Storage, Alternative, and Off-Grid, among other Prep'er topics...

Yard Dart, Motomom34, techsar and 2 others like this.
  3. Falcon15

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will be about power generation, fuel sources, off grid power storage, and generators! My guest today will be Bruce from Alaska, my good friend and unofficial co-host.

Do not forget the CALL IN NUMBER: 1-567-314-9087 call in and be part of the SHOW!

In Case Of Emergency is a show for preppers, beginning preppers, and with preparedness in mind. The show airs LIVE on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays on Liberty Movement Radio, 5-7 PM Eastern.

Tune in to support the prepping community, as well as to get great information.

There are several options for external players (I use windows Media Player so I can browse while listening).

You can tune in by visiting:
    www.libertymovementradio.com

chelloveck likes this.
  5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sounds pretty good :)

Falcon15 likes this.
  6. Falcon15

Wish we had more folks listening!

7. melbo

I just 'featured' the thread. Will try to spread the word ;)

Will randomly display at top of threads and new posts and also on the FT page: Featured Threads

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"The word" isn't spread too far yet. I'm betting the good weather has folks gathered 'round the cooler and grill. Is there a way to count the checkins, either live or on the archives?

9. melbo

I caught most of the 2 hours. Was a great conversation!
    Need to entice more folks to call in but that will happen in time.

With as much as you both mentioned SM, I'm not so sure we need a separate blurb as an ad spot. Thanks for that ;)

VisuTrac likes this.
  10. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will be about personal protection, enhanced security precautions, and general physical fitness! My guest today will be Mike Blackgrave, my good friend, good ol Southern Boy and founder of SEAMOK TACTICAL.

Do not forget the CALL IN NUMBER: 1-567-314-9087 call in and be part of the SHOW!

In Case Of Emergency is a show for preppers, beginning preppers, and with preparedness in mind. The show airs LIVE on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays on Liberty Movement Radio, 5-7 PM Eastern.

There are several options for external players (I use windows Media Player so I can browse while listening).

11. Falcon15

In Case Of Emergency 7-29-2014
    Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will be about personal protection, enhanced security precautions, and general physical fitness! My guest today will be Mike Blackgrave, my good friend, good ol Southern Boy and founder of SEAMOK TACTICAL.

Today's archive show:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Yard Dart and techsar like this.
  12. Falcon15

In Case Of Emergency Show 7-27-2014, Featuring @BTPost

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will be about power generation, fuel sources, off grid power storage, and generators! My guest today will be Bruce from Alaska, my good friend and unofficial co-host.

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I was very happy to do this show, and look forward to doing a second show this coming Sunday....

Falcon15 likes this.
  14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Good show, listening too it now. But you missed something. It's worse than you said with modern gas furnaces. Due to emissions, modern furnaces will not fire up without a positive airflow the fan must be running first. Only after there is a flow, will the igniter fire.
    older furnaces could be run from a 12 car battery, but you can't do that with the modern ones.

Falcon15 likes this.
  15. Falcon15

In Case Of Emergency show, 6-24-2014
    Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern) will be covering self sufficiency - 30 WAYS to be self sufficient, the Government and the erosion of your rights, and hyperinflation! Do not forget the CALL IN NUMBER: 1-567-314-9087 call in and be part of the SHOW!

In Case Of Emergency is a show for preppers, beginning preppers, and with preparedness in mind. The show MOVES to Sunday, and Tuesday and Thursdays on Liberty Movement Radio, 5-7 PM Eastern.

If you miss the live show, the show is rebroadcast the next day and there is an archive of each show (minus the very first one) available on the site.

There are several options for external players (I use windows Media Player so I can browse while listening). There is even an option to call in on your phone to listen to the show live (the number is under the various players). This call only streams the radio show as audio to your phone, you will not be able to interact with the hosts/guests. I know. I tried.

Liberty Movement Radio LMR

16. Falcon15

In Case Of Emergency 6-19-2014
    Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern) will be a focus on security, threats to your rights and freedoms, more on the collapsing WORLD economy, and a short history lesson! Do not forget the CALL IN NUMBER: 1-567-314-9087 call in and be part of the SHOW!

In Case Of Emergency is a show for preppers, beginning preppers, and with preparedness in mind. The show MOVES to Sunday, and Tuesday and Thursdays on Liberty Movement Radio, 5-7 PM Eastern.

If you miss the live show, the show is rebroadcast the next day and there is an archive of each show (minus the very first one) available on the site.

There are several options for external players (I use windows Media Player so I can browse while listening). There is even an option to call in on your phone to listen to the show live (the number is under the various players). This call only streams the radio show as audio to your phone, you will not be able to interact with the hosts/guests. I know. I tried.

17. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will be about listener questions, potential Ebola patients headed back to the US, and any subject that a caller may ask about!

18. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

glad to see this posted Falcon. I've been away for little while and didn't see this till today. I will definitely tune in.

Falcon15 likes this.
  19. Falcon15

I will be posting the archives as I process them. With some sound advice from good friends, and the kick starter to get it going in the right direction I expect the only thing the show can get is better!

Tracy and kellory like this.
  20. Falcon15

In Case Of Emergency Show 7-31-2014
    Today on "In Case Of Emergency", the show was be about listener questions, Ebola patients headed back to the US, and any subject that a caller may ask about!

I also did a companion blog post:
    Some Helpful Tips For Prepping: Prepping Tip Of The Day: Jabba No Barter

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7