In Case Of Emergency Radio Show

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Falcon15, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Falcon15

There WILL be a show tomorrow. We have a sick little one, and cannot attend the pageant. Please forgive me if the show seems a little odd or choppy, I hardly have material prepared, but I will do my best!

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will cover 5 uses for bleach during SHTF, 9 tips for buying property with little money, improvised weaponry, organizing your preps (and the importance of being organized), and I will discuss why prepping is stupid (NOT)!

In Case Of Emergency is a show for preppers, beginning preppers, and with preparedness in mind. The show airs LIVE on Sundays on Liberty Movement Radio and Revere Radio Network, and Ras Radio.

Tune in to support the prepping community, as well as to get great information.
    To tune in, head over to my website and click one of the radio station banners at the bottom:

www.shtfseries.com

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I missed it! I didn't see this till after. Sorry I missed it.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Do pushup's Moto... ;)

Falcon15 and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Falcon15, so what are the 5 uses?

1. purify water
    2. keep you whites white?????
    3. dilute and get rid of germs?

I have no clue

7. Falcon15

1: Water disinfection
    2: Sanitize food preparation areas to prevent cross contamination from meat
    3: Cleaning raw fruits and vegetables (the last major NATIONWIDE outbreaks of salmonella came from spinach and peanuts)
    4: Destroying mold and mildew (to help prevent secondary illnesses)
    5: Sanitation uses to prevent spread of disease (hard surfaces - floor, counters etc., bedding, clothing as applicable). Alternatively for colored COTTON clothing or bedding, immersing them in actively boiling water for 5 minutes with soap will do the trick. If you lack adequate bleach stock (calcium hypochlorite) to bleach bedding or clothing (shame on you) boiling can be substituted but is not as effective.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks @Falcon15. I never knew you could clean your vegies with bleach. I know lemon, plus salt water removes the aphids.

BTW- I pitched your show to a local station. No word back yet.

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. Falcon15

1 tsp bleach per gallon of water and soak for 30 seconds, then rinse with fresh clean water.

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You really can soak vegies in that? I was born and raised that bleach will kill you,then I started reading survival sites and learned that is how you clean your water. Now this..... I wonder what else is a fib.

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Santa is real and the Easter Bunny brings chocolate goodness..... don't squish a man's dream and tell me otherwise!!

Motomom34 and Falcon15 like this.
  12. Falcon15

All food manufacturers that work with raw vegetables use that basic mix. It is absolutely safe.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL! Dad told me if I swallowed anymore gum that my guts would stick together. To this day I still wouldn't dare swallow gum.

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yes, you can, and in the third world you must. Washing lettuce and other veggies in a sink full of bleach solution was necessary in a number of areas back in the day. Gotta rinse thoroughly with known clean water, bleach won't do your system any good, that's for sure. You have to know how the locals fertilize the plants. (Those baggy pants have a reason for tied cuffs. Yes, they do.)

Falcon15 and Motomom34 like this.
  15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

But, with the bleach thread we discussed that bleach is not the same bleach as years ago. The"new and improved" slow pour, splashless and whatever else. So is that 1 tbsp to one gallon for this years bleach or years ago?

16. Falcon15

OK during my show I was very specific, use good old fashioned, non-scented, not the splashless kind. You can find plain, unadulterated Clorox at most Dollar stores. Also you can (and I suggest you do this for practice), make your own stock bleach solution using calcium hypochlorite (Pool shock - 78% purity, no extra additives).

1 Tsp calcium hypoclorite dissolved in 2 gallons water makes 2 gallons of stock bleach solution.

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will cover the potential (?) nuclear war with Russia and how to ready yourself, potassium iodide - what is it and how does it work, The CME possibly headed our way, and when primitive survival and prepping mate!

In Case Of Emergency is a show for preppers, beginning preppers, and with preparedness in mind. The show airs LIVE on Sundays on Liberty Movement Radio and Revere Radio Network, and Ras Radio.

There is a BRAND NEW call in number: 567-314-3081

To tune in, head over to my website and click one of the radio station banners at the bottom:

www.shtfseries.com

18. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), the show will cover the high speed low drag EMP proofing, what should be in your Faraday box, small scale crop rotation, and prepper new years resolutions!

www.shtfseries.com

19. Falcon15

Today on "In Case Of Emergency", at 5PM (Eastern), I will be interviewing Vinny Eastwood of the Vinny Eastwood show!

www.shtfseries.com

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sorry I missed your show again. Sunday afternoons are busy.

Falcon15 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7