In For Another Roto Rooter

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Jan 7, 2020.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Monday early evening I was eating dinner and became very short of breath. Things calmed down after about 20 minutes and I went to bed early. After a couple of hours, I woke up feeling very strange, chest tight, pulse racing, left arm kind of tingly. After laying there for about 45 minutes reading online about signs of a heart attack, I woke Sweetie. I got dressed while she called 911. Long story short, got to local medical center, tests showed not a heart attack, so they flew me to Lubbock, where our retirement home and doctors are. I got into the ER and have.been waiting for a bed to open up in the cardiac ward. Talked with my cardio doc and he is going to perform an angiogram tomorrow morning looking for blockages. I think he will find at least one. Hopefully I'll be out of the hospital recuperating at our retirement place here by Friday. Right now, I am resting comfortably.

Now, the story gets a bit odd. I have begun treatment for prostate cancer and am due to begin 8+weeks of radiation treatment on Monday here. I put in all the paperwork for short term disability, got the okay from 3 levels of management at work and was planning on heading over here on Friday to start treatment on Monday. So, great timing, right? Well, last Sunday I was at church and the.sermon was yet another hit between the eyes that God has been telling me to retire and move here NOW!!! and don't give me no argue. Sunday I felt God's touch on me really heavy to "Retire this week!!!". I prayed for God to show me how. Well, here I am, in my retirement town, in the hospital getting my heart problems taken care of and.starting 9 weeks of short term disability y 4days early. Y'all think maybe God had a hand in this?? Next time one of us asks God to "Show us the way.". I heartily recommend inserting the word." gently" in that request. LOLOL.

Anywho, I don't plan on going back to work after the radiation treatments. I already pushed things to the limit, I think.

Kajun

Ganado, GOG, natshare and 14 others like this.
  2. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Good Luck fingers crossed

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Take the "advice" you got and run with it!
    We only get one lap around the dance floor, make the most of it!
    Prayers to you, hope things go smoothly and you can get started on that retirement right away!

4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

GOD has his own way of the ol' "2x4 between the eyes" deal. Pay attention! Prayers out.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Best wishes for you. The hard part for me is recognizing the Lords word ,, If I think I’m getting a sign ,, I’m like,, He wouldn’t tell me like this ,, it’s just a coincidence,, Sounds like it’s time to kick back and smell the roses for a while. Glad you’re ok.

6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

In my case it was a message (open heart surgery) to be available for my next set of orders from the Boss.
    So I ambled along, went back to work, retired, finished my degree, ambled some more, finished my correspondence course in VA think part 1 to 20, finished squaring away the VA with their gift of a CUE (Clear and unmistakable error (referred to as CUE) involves a situation where the correct facts as they were known at the time were not before the VA or the law and regulations in effect at the time of the VA's decision were not applied correctly.) and now I help vets as a volunteer.

Not my plan but a higher power will always win.

But be careful, "No good turn goes unpunished."

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    GOG, sec_monkey, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Someone who is a higher power wants you to retire! At least you made it there. Enjoy the rest of your life.

Ura-Ki, oldawg, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and that is the Trick of it, isn’t it.... Recognizing the inspiration, or revelation, thru the Holy Ghost, when it comes... Many just do not hear, some ignore, and a few heed the word..... I have found that the felling that comes with these, is different than any other that I have experienced... but many times I am either, to preoccupied, or to busy ... That is not GODs failure, but ALL my own...

GOG, 3M-TA3, sec_monkey and 6 others like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Prayers for you TX,Time to get in a little fishing.

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

There's never a bad time to get in some fishin' ,,,,

11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Sounds like my symptoms prior to CABG (cardiac arterial bypass graft) surgery... Prayers TX and ditto on that fishin' .....

12. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thank you all for the encouragement. I am 5 hours away from my angjogram. I found out yesterday the the doc is also going to take a look around the other side of my heart because of the shortness of breath. It would be great if he actually fixed me this time, once and for all. Later.

Kajun

GOG, Ura-Ki, Oddcaliber and 4 others like this.
  13. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Best of luck for you TXTKajun! I learned to add the gentle clause to my player..

14. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

The angiogram is done and everything seems to be working right, no blockages. They did a CT chest scan this afternoon and plans are for a lung function test either this evening or tomorrow. I am sure hoping and.praying they find whatever is wrong and it is fixable..

I am doing well and should be released sometime tomorrow. I have an appointment with the cardio doc already set up for next week.

Kajun

GOG, Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good news so far ,, will be hoping to hear more ,,

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Have them check for blood clots going up to the lungs. Don't ask how I know of this.....

HK_User, SB21, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  17. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Take care of yourself, Kajun.....and remember, to NOT tell God, "Whatever it takes, Lord!", when you're praying for something. It's entirely likely He will take you at your word!! :eek::rolleyes:

TXKajun, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  18. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

prayers sent...

19. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Prayers inbound.

Congrats on clocking out rather than clocking out.

Gator 45/70 and TXKajun like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

God Bless. please keep us posted and since you are retiring you can keep the boys in line ;D

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7