INCH Bag

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TailorMadeHell, Mar 21, 2016.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I would be sure to bring a large rasp, coping saw, hook knife, and a few 4" D clamps. That is most of what I use for woodworking now, so that is what I would want to add. Maybe a bit and brace if I have the room. One of my archery kits with arrowheads, bowstring, and mounting kit.
    Tarp
    Marketwallet
    Oilskin Haversack
    Food Procurments (yoyos, fishing kit, etc.)
    2 canteens-1 in pack, one over shoulder
    Trade cup
    Minimum 1 wool blanket and canvas groundcloth
    Blanket pin
    1000 foot tarred bankline
    Rope and carbiners
    Fire Kit
    Water purification
    Communications Kit
    Weapons
    That is some minimums of what I would put in my INCH Kit.

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The more you know how to do, the harder it is to leave important tools behind.

3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Heard the absolute heck out of that. Haha.

4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Judging from the things one finds in a woman's purse, women in general must know how to do a hell of a lot!

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Trying to figure out how I'm going to haul this behind me post SHTF. LOL, my shop trailer. DSCN4148.JPG

Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Get yourself a flatbed tow truck. You could load your shop trailer, and your other vehicle in the wheel lift.

chelloveck likes this.
  7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Or you could make you a conestoga or a chuckwagon style wagon to haul around behind you, or hitch some oxen to. EMP proof work wagon. Haha.

chelloveck likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dying of curiosity, waiting to see how those rail cars get out of the way of oncoming trains while fully loaded. Methinks they ain't for single runners. Not my cuppa. But many cars just happen to have the right wheel spacing to run the rails, not just jeeps. Let air out of the tires until the side walls start to deform, and they will self steer. Getting on and off the rails isn't the simplest thing, but can be done if there's enough clearance under the vehicle ===

chelloveck likes this.
  9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    standard prepper cart...

[​IMG]

arleigh, Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I hate to suggest it, arliegh, but your Shop Trailer does seem to lack somewhat, an ability to move with haste without extensive preparation. It seems that the trailer has become an organic attachment, welded to the landscape. It is quite possible that the golden horde may well have overtaken you by the time the tyres have been inflated and various impedimenta have been removed.

Perhaps its best use, would be to fill it with all kinds of exciting and interesting things, as a honeypot to occupy the golden horde's interest, while you and yours GTFOOD with some of your more mobile goods and chattels. ;)

Ganado likes this.
  12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The life of an accumulator is fantastic dream world of possibilities ,however the reality is no one cares but the dreamer, and every thing he has is junk in their sight.
    The trailer is but a fraction of the tools an equipment I own (inherited )still sorting out if you know what I mean.
    Like I said the more you know, the harder it is to throw things away.
    When my brother decided to retire ,I got the con tense of his shop as well .
    I sell what I can and give come of it away here and there, but it seems the more I give away, the more I get given to me.
    This was true of my dad as well.
    When I was a kid the neighbors would give dad their broken stuff and some times he could fix it or save it for spare parts.
    They were always doing one another favors. you don't see that much now days.

chelloveck likes this.
  13. chelloveck

Amen brother! Coming from parents who were children of The Great Depression, discarding stuff was not their long suit; and I must confess, that I have inherited more of that trait than some of my kin (and neighbours) are comfortable with.

Ganado likes this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I tried to give away some cross cut saws on another forum but though there was a lot of interest but only one gave me an address to send to. After sending ,I never got a response as to whether they received it or not .
    So even trying to give something away is difficult.

I realize there is trust issues ,I can appreciate that,
    With that in mind .Is it possible that one of the administrators could be a trusted transfer point these gifts can be exchanged ?

15. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I WOULD LOVE SOME CROSSCUT SAW!!! Haha. You got a good froe in there?

16. Witch Doctor 01

[​IMG]

17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

You could make a froe cheaper than it would cost to ship one.
    BUt no I don't have any of those .

18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'll do some pictures tomorrow. of the saws .

19. chelloveck

I don't think that there is any single definitive description of what an INCH bag is, it's purpose and what it ought contain. There are considerable overlaps with BOBs.

I look upon an INCH bag as something that I have as a precautionary measure that contains what I can reasonably carry, such that, if I am away from Home, I don't have to return home for any essential item...before then bugging out to an alternative destination. Not coming home may be necessary for the reasons outlined by Brokor in his earlier post referenced above. (What Items do you think are missing from most BOBs? | Page 3 | Survival Monkey Forums ) The risk / danger of returning home may outweigh the importance of what one might find useful or necessary by going home to collect. Those items should already be part of one's INCH bag, making returning home unnecessary, or at least optional.

What to include, depends on so many variables, that I am loath to specify anything particular....There's no shortage of "experts" to "to offer that kind of guff.

All I'll suggest is look at the exercise of item choice in terms of a modular approach. I have listed them in no particular order or importance.

for further information.......What Items do you think are missing from most BOBs? | Page 3 | Survival Monkey Forums

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  20. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

A lot of the confusion comes from preppers ALWAYS planning to head for a BOL or some such. From the terminology on here, it might help to think of an INCH bag as a Refuge Bag...it does stand for "I'm Never Coming Home" after all.

1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. ED GEiN
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. Motomom34
  10. Grandpa Patch
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  12. Shinzo
  13. DarkLight
  14. Fatum1965
  15. Fatum1965
  16. 3M-TA3
  17. Thunder5Ranch
  18. Motomom34
  19. ED GEiN
  20. medicineman
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7