Inexpensive military surplus gear

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by wolverine_173, May 13, 2014.

1. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 Monkey

I found these and wanted to share. Love military surplus great quality for the price. whats your favorite military surplus gear/ clothing?

USMC

German Flectarn Parka

Austrian Parka

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  3. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

I try not to get too attached to any particular thing because surplus, by default, is limited availability. You kind of have to work with what you can find.

Just today I stopped at two surplus stores to look for a belt pouch for my EDC stuff. I could not find anything that excited me. I had to settle for something that is not ideal but it's what they had so I bought it anyway ($16) and will deal with it.

I didn't set out to buy a backpack today either, but they had one I really, really liked. It was in the wrong color, and for $110 I'm not going to settle. I took a pass. I may end up buying one off Amazon.

4. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 Monkey

dont waste money

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

On off shore surplus, you need to watch the shipping. The new UK gear is great, but if you purchase let the seller know he needs to break the package up into small lots. Small lots come air mail and pretty cheap. Pack the same in a single package and it will come "slow boat" and it will cost at least 4 times as much.

YMMV

6. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 Monkey

shipping will always get you

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

DSC00252.JPG -- I like these old military leather magazine pouches I found at Sportsmansguide for just a couple bucks each. I believe they came in a pack of 4. They were a bit musty and obviously kept in storage for a very long time, since the second world war I imagine. With a little bit of work, they are quite nice! I use them for tinder pouches and carry with my field kit for bushcraft and hiking. See the additional pictures attached for more.

Attached Files:

Sapper John likes this.
  8. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 Monkey

nice find

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7