Internet Censorship

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Panadero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i cant say im sorry to see him go... his reports were iffy in alot of places and he twisted facts to support his theories. E.g. showing the government adjusted the statistics for agricultural output. If he knew what he was doing or did a bit of research he would have know the ag statistics are adjusted each year for estimated vs actuals. The actual count isnt verified and published till almost a year later so of course the numbers are modified for accuracy. I cant say that the 'ice age farmer' was accurate on many things. He was just spreading 'chicken little' stories over and over to fit his personal bias.

All farming is risky business. The bigest gamblers in the world are farmers. They gamble against the odds with the weather, disease, food prices, the markets, changing consumer tastes. So of course there are ups and downs in both food supply and quality.

2. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

That's why I am in support of farm subsidies. I think we could do a better job of subsidy allocation, but where can't we improve government efficiency while providing artificial support structures in our economy?

Bottom line, it we don't have the food supply chain we have, we might as well be a 3rd world country. Not to say there are not other fixes to achieve food abundance over the long haul outside of subsidies.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

BREAKING - Twitter is **temporarily throttling how you retweet** posts. The changes will be in place until "at least" the end of election week, to "help prevent abuse and the spread of misinformation."

mysterymet likes this.
  5. DKR

The real question is

Who will be the next "Enemy of the State" to get the ban hammer?

mysterymet likes this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

7. Cruisin Sloth

8. DKR

Internet related

If Orange man gets the nod, will the FedGov shut down (at least ) Twitter & Facebook for 'security' reasons?

10 USC Ch. 13 sub A, part 1 is pretty broad for the powers granted....

Brokor likes this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I don’t see them being shut down. I see them being financially penalized until they play nice.

johnbb and DKR like this.
  10. DKR

Social media is being used, right now, to coordinate rioter movement. The Eu routinely shuts in the net, social media and in many places cell phone service to curb spreading violence. Sometime it even helps.....

The only reason to keep the platform up is for real-time capture of the ring leaders. Leaders I am willing to bet are to be found nowhere near the 'action'.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    mysterymet likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

YouTube is censoring disabled people.
    The party of woke and acceptance of all thinks someone who got their leg cut off should be age restricted because of "disturbing imagery". WTF.

I don't think she is hard to look at. Maybe the the woke, all accepting social justice warriors at youtube are really all masochistic pigs or female stompers with unrealistic standards for women.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Yep...much the same with Putin's propaganda ministry shills...*sung to the tune of 'Sweet Violets' *.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  13. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Regarding censorship.... I recently got a two week ban on another site (at one time calling themselves "the friendliest forum"), due to my using less than glowing nicknames for various goobermint thugs, including Senile Joe. That forum had been bought by some leftist leaning whackjobs in Canada, and suddenly the First Amendment is no longer allowed. I quickly banned that forum from my devices and joined several other former members joining the new Conservative social site. I never looked back.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Oddcaliber likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't normally listen to hip hop, if this is the way things are going ummm....
    Someone at utub getting fired Monday morning.
    Somehow this was allowed to trend to #8 on the tube.

You had one job. Key word being "had".
    "They make profit solving problems they created to keep us down".

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Man, this thread is a blast from the past....Donald J, didn't make it across the finish line in 2020, though his attempts at electoral chicanery have landed him in considerable legal peril. I think that the Republican party has shown in the Mid Terms how badly it sucks, considering that they lost the Senate, and only squeaked a win in Representatives: The circus over Kave-in McCarthy's lame duck speakership appointment has demonstrated how fractured the GOP in congress is. The GOP is ailing, as DJT continues drag the party further and further towards radical right wing extremism. Goodness...GOP policy pretty much depends on Lyin' George Santos's casting vote. There's a scary thought. :eek:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Dose of the truth buddy Black Men Openly Admit They Can't Stand Fake Pres. Joe Biden and Would Much Rather Have Trump

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Yeah and even though I moved from PA years ago and should have been dropped from PA voting rolls I am still magically voting in PA. I have made a complaint but no one has contacted me about it.

Gator 45/70 and DKR like this.
  18. DKR

Voting Democrat each time, eh? Just like magic......

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7