Is the USA ready for War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnbb, Mar 2, 2023.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

It was George Washington who said "Peace Through Strength" and later Ronald Reagan reiterated this policy "Peace Through Strength" and followed through with building up our military.
    We now have the Bidumb administration who has taken a u-turn from this effective policy.
    We are not ready for war
    1. "Strategic Oil Reserves" are at an all time low,
    2. We now have a shortage of missiles
    3. Military recruitment is down 30%
    4. Retention of career military staff all time low
    5. Military "woke" agenda affecting combat readiness.
    6. Billions of dollars of military equipment abandoned in Afghanistan translates to a shortage in our military

Our enemies know this and it is only a matter of time before they make a move. Be it China, Russia, Iran. N Korea.
    Am I being paranoid

2. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

enough?

mechstdr, oldawg, Alanaana and 2 others like this.
  3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Not paranoid at all. The PTB in this country have blinders on and believe their own propaganda which does not spell good things for this country if we continue down this path to war with both Russia and China.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

In a word, NO! I feel this administration leaves the U.S. in a position where the only response would be nuclear.

mechstdr, Alanaana and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No, absolutely not! The major reason, among the long laundry list of reasons, is economics. Wars are fought, first and foremost, with money and that old quote by Cicero, ""The sinews of war are infinite money." is as relevant now as it was in Roman times. Do we have any more money to spend on defense or war after the Ukraine assistance, Covid Acts, Infrastructure Bill, and all the rest of BS?

Also, concerning @johnbb short list or reasons, I say short because there are definitely many more reasons I could add, and is it not strange that they are all happening at the same time and, further strange, under the same President who also seems to have strange connections to China? Strange, simple coincidence or planned? Think about this fully for a minute... Our military - weak. Our economy - weak. Our energy self-sufficiency - weak. Even our society, our people are divided so - weak. How do you kill or, at least, weaken a giant? You do not take them on directly, no - 'Death by a thousand cuts.' Call me a whacko but it sure seems to me to be a perfect storm and, I can sum it up with one word: Taiwan. The recapture of Taiwan would do much, much more than simply return the island to mainland China. It will be the watershed moment in history of the USA's downfall from power. There is way much more at stake than simply the island and Taiwan really puts us between a rock and a hard place and Biden and friends has done everything in their power possible to weaken us.

mechstdr, Ura-Ki, CraftyMofo and 2 others like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

"Clouds everything, the Dark Side does." --Master Yoda

mechstdr, Bandit99, VisuTrac and 3 others like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Yes I agree there are many more reasons I was just trying to highlight our military weakness. Economically there Is a long laundry list of problems.

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've already decided back when Bedumb surrendered in sandistan , and left all of our equipment , that we were done . If the muzzies couldn't figure out how to use it , Russia and china would be crawling all over it learning whatever they could and use it against us . And now Bedumb and crew are sending more of our armaments to another shithole area. Is he even trying to restock any of this equipment ??

But yea ,, I figure we're done for . I figure we'll be meeting some of them on our own shores here pretty soon . What military we do have thats still toting around a set of balls ,, won't be able to take up the slack of the gender queered tranny brigade ,, so it'll be up to some of us old gray haired , half wore out patriots to meet these invaders on our homefront . And we may not be able to amass enough to stop them before they bumrush across the country ,, but I'll be able to jump out from behind a bush and take out a couple before I'm mowed down and bleeding out . But ,, I'd rather go down like that than live under a commie ruler . Even if it's a democrap commie ,,

See ya'll on the other side .
    [YD]

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Having seen firsthand how our Military is treated these last 40 years leaves me with no doubt what so ever that we are well and truly screwed! I have seen numbers beyond count of senior enlisted leaving the services in numbers you wouldn't believe, senior chief's Master's, all highly experienced war fighters, and they are pissed at what's happening to them and the others, it's a game of simply surviving your hitch rather then finishing with any honor or pride! And then there is the purge, the Military seems hell bent to remove senior command officers for the slightest reasons, were talking Termination of Command for simple clerical errors or then new catch all, loss of confidence and with out Court Martial proceedings, they simply fire your ass and send you packing!

Look what was done to Chief Petty Officer ( SEAL) Eddy Gallagher, falsely accused of war crimes, hung out to dry by his seniors, imprisoner, and harassed by those in power, and ultimately after being found Not Guilty, black balled through out Naval Special Warfare, and denied retirement and threats to take his Trident! Were it not for the direct influence of a sitting POTUS on more then once occasion, Chief Gallagher would have been even more fucked!
    This is NOT how we treat our war fighters, and YET, it's become all too common among the JSOC community!
    If they can come after JSOC personal, the most bad assed of all American Warfighters, you can imagine what they are doing to the regular forces!
    I enlisted in 1988, and entered service at a VERY LOW point in U.S. Military history, we were a very sad shadow of our former selves, moral was in the shitter, senior enlisted were simply coasting along going through the motions till retirement, and Ft Leavenworth Kansas Military Penitentiary was over flowing with Air Force Personal for all sorts of crimes, mainly Gangs, Drugs and Sex crimes!!!
    It was a very sad place indeed. Mission status on the flight lines was flat out dismal, mission readiness was somewhere below 40%, and wing had to task multiple squadrons to support a single mission, knowing several airframes would not be able to start up and taxy to the runway before failure, and worse, suffer a mechanical after take off or in flight before reaching the initial point, and the very worse, suffering a catastrophic failure during flight potentially leading to the loss of life, not to mention several million dollars of aircraft or a highly trained pilot! Saddest thing I ever saw up to that point was an F-4 take off and start to climb when the wings literally folded and she crashed and burned, both pilots didn't make it, and I had to help recover the bodies!
    I went through all this, it was very disheartening to me, so you could only imagine what more senior personal felt, and it only got worse! Before Ronny Regan left office,, he tasked a single Col, to the task of rebuilding the Air Force, and we all laughed and thought it a bad joke, more of the same, and worse, tanking the carrier of a senior command fighter pilot who drove an F-16 to work every day! That officer was promoted to Lt. General and within 4 years had turned us around completely, and we had become the fighting force our fathers and grandfathers envied! For my self, training took on a whole different course, we went from a single mission skill set to the most intense and broad reaching skill set in the Special Operations community, surpassing the training requirements and and qualifications of ALL OTHER JSOC operations by quite a margin, we became the very best of the best, and in part, it was because that General Officer cracked skulls, purged the Air Force ranks of all who were simply coasting or simply didn't want to be there any longer, and he made us into the most feared fighting force in history, something we showed to the world during the first Gulf War!

Today, we are back to where I was when I first enlisted, and I am deeply ashamed of my beloved Air Force, and what it has become, mostly through no fault of it's own!

mechstdr, 3cyl, Tempstar and 4 others like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Now that I work very close with military for the first time since 2016 I would say no. The state of the air force has gone way down hill.

mechstdr, SB21, Alanaana and 2 others like this.
  11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I have yet to see a B-52 or any other military aircraft run on solar generated electricity. They take massive amounts JP fuel guess they will be sitting on the ground -- sell our reserves, cut and ban oil drilling a recipe for disaster.

Military standards for recruits Have been lowered to meet recruiting targets BUT
    “We are facing unprecedented challenges recruiting new soldiers. Among a myriad of causes, America’s youth are less qualified for service than ever before,” said Army Brig. Gen. Patrick Michaelis, commander at Fort Jackson, S.C. “Since the all-volunteer force was established in 1973, this is the hardest Recruiting Command has had to work to meet recruiting goals.”

This is happening with all branches of service.

mechstdr, Alanaana, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  12. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I don't think you're being paranoid. My biggest fears for the last two decades have been biological warfare and China, Russia, DPRK, etc. trying to go against us.
    The world and our planet has even bigger issues to solve and I wish we could have peace and work together or at least agree to disagree.
    The strength and culture of our country has been diluted with the distracting woke nonsense. I don't think they're going in the right direction when it comes to military recruitment. We need people who will project strength and take a stand with honor and dignity not people who cry if they're pronouns get mispronounced. It's nothing personal, my friends we have a country to represent.
    All of this makes me feel very uneasy... I think that's why prepping and learning survival skills has helped me to put my energy in better places.

13. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

14. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Their won't be any nukes from our side. Our leaders have looted the country, undermined our military and run our economy into the ditch. They will simply surrender and run and hide with their loot.

15. Brokor

It doesn't matter who sets off a nuke --when it happens, shit gets real in a hurry.

Ura-Ki, mechstdr, 3cyl and 5 others like this.
  16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, it seems like the banks are backing the Ukrainian side.
    It doesn't appear that they are backing Russia at least not in public and not to the extent of Ukraine Support.
    The banks might be offering them money for reconstruction, weapons, food.
    If Ukraine loses the war, they aren't going to be able to pay back the money lent. Unless of course, someone else is a co-signer on the loan.

Makes me wonder how much the American Taxpayer is on the hook for .. are our future earnings the backing for these loans.

If we didn't have mega banks and money that can be created out of nothing, how much better would we be as a nation and a species?

And if nukes come into play, please let them hit Davos when there is an emergency meeting of the elites.

17. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Does anyone know if this money and arms we are giving is a gift or a loan?

Ura-Ki and mechstdr like this.
  18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

From the council on foreign relations.
    https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

Imma say it's all loans. even if it's 'donated' material, it's a loan of good will.
    Look at Chinese belt and road initative. They offer to build a road, port, rail system or other infrastructure in a struggling country. They just have to accept easy terms ... and when they can't pay the loan back ... boom, ya gotta a new chinese enclave.

No country does anything for another out of the goodness of their hearts. There is always an ulterior motive.

19. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

War on America will be biological, COVID was the test run.

Ura-Ki and mechstdr like this.
  20. Brokor

conspiracytheorist.

VisuTrac, Ura-Ki and mechstdr like this.
  1. Brokor
  2. Bandit99
  3. Yard Dart
  4. john316
  5. Yard Dart
  6. CATO
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Brokor
  9. sarawolf
  10. Brokor
  11. melbo
  12. E.L.