Is there a Term Between SHTF & TEOTWAWKI? If not help me create it (You'll get credited with me,lol)

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 21, 2017.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

As far as I understand SHTF encompasses a temporary period maybe up to a year and TEOTWAWKI us a permanent lasting period. SHTF can cover both a local geographic area or the entire United States or even the world while TEOTWAWKI covers naturally the world. Am I generally correct in my interpretation?

Is there a term however for a SHTF situation that could last decades but will eventually end and things revert back to normal? No, it's not "Life", LOL. If not anyone have ideas for a term/phrase?

Seepalaces likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

TEOTWAWKI....Tee O Twacky - Defining a really crappy week

The End of the Week as we know it... Could be TEOTMAWKI - Rotten Month or TEOTDAWKI - Really disastrous Day.

chelloveck, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

There is also STEAD (Shizz They Elected Another Democrat) which lasts four to eight years.

natshare, Legion489, GOG and 8 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Don't think so!!! LOL Once it all goes south, it will never revert back to "normal" we get a different reality once SHTF ends! Even at a localized level, what ever happens in that AO will forever change that AO. As an example, Germany was never the same after Hitler destroyed Europe, and Germany went through SHTF for many years after, hell most of the world changed forever!

GOG, Tully Mars, Sgt Nambu and 2 others like this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I believe it is called "Monday" ;)

It really is only 24 hours, but can seem to encompass several years...

GOG, Yard Dart, oldawg and 6 others like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Or in the cases of several "elected" politicos, like Finestien and Sucky Chunky Schumer, all with out accountability

GOG, Tully Mars, Sgt Nambu and 2 others like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Great Depression.
    Ethopian drought/famine
    Killing Fields in Cambodia
    DarFor.

I'd ask them that lived it.

GOG, Seepalaces and Dunerunner like this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:sleep:

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

chelloveck and Seepalaces like this.
  10. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Isn't that called an Enlisted Military Career?

Ura-Ki, GOG and Yard Dart like this.
  11. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

HIAH

Hell In A Handbasket

Ura-Ki and mysterymet like this.
  12. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

FUBAR

Ura-Ki likes this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

EDA Every Day Anomalies

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

SBAT! ('Screwed, Blued, And Tattooed!')

BARAHP! ('Between A Rock And A Hard Place!')

Years ago I remember reading a book titled something like, 'Famous Last Words'. Therein the author stated that, among the recorded last words of many accident victims, there is a preponderance of statements equivalent to: 'Oh shit!' 'Merde!', or the British slang 'Sheit!' or 'Bollocks.'

I don't know about you; but, personally, I'd rather be remembered for saying something high sounding, or valiant like (I don't know?) 'Give me liberty, or give me death!' or how about 'My only regret is that I have but one life to give for my country!'

My own personal favorite, however, comes from the 1964 movie 'Zulu' : 'Here they come!' 'Thick as grass, and black as thunder!'

Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I always thought Oscar Wilde's last words were the best...“Either this wallpaper goes or I do” LOL!

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

To me, there is the minor "SHTF", when something bad happens personally but affects no one else.
    A lesser TEOTWAWKI is any life changing event, like a hurricane, affecting the people involved but no one else. A major political upheaval, like the "Immaculate Deceptions of 2008 and 2012" qualify. Many had their lives disrupted.
    Of course, the major SFTF would be similar to the OP's term, relatively short term.
    A major TEOTWAWKI event would be the collapse of our economy, such that it never recovers to it's original level.
    A limited nuclear war would be such too.

Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  17. Trouble

Trouble Monkey

I might get banned for this but... One seventh of your life will be spent on Mondays.

You're welcome!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

But 3/7 of your life is spent on Fri, Sat, or Sun.

...personally I want it ALL!

Trouble and Seawolf1090 like this.
  19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Goodness....sTEAR also works splendidly as well....as the Tweeter-In-Chief is presently demonstrating :LOL:

20. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I wish I was clever enough to think of something, but I think we're going to find out soon whatever it's called.

Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7