Jericho who saw it?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by poacher, Aug 18, 2006.

1. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think that the premier was last night (Thurs) and I wasn't able to watch it. I was wondering if anyone here had seen it and what their thoughts on it were. I'm intrested in seeing how this affects the self preservation groups and web sites like here. I personally think that this show is going to get alot of people to make some type of storage plan and then the shows popularity will wane when some big Hollywood type talks alot of crap about it and the sheeple will go back to their rose colored world.
    I could be wrong..it's happened a time or two, hell who woulda thought "Lost" would have lasted this long. Anyway.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

3. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Great! I caught a quick snippet of the preview and thought it was last night. Thanks E.L.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You bet, I was kind of keeping an eye out because I wanted to see it, but I expected it wouldn't start until Sept. Sure enough.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Jericho is one of the great series for survival post-shtf..... to bad they wrapped up the series quickly on the last season when it was cancelled. There surely could be a revitalization of this story line and give it more depth... but in general they were very spot on with a lot of scenario's!!! You can find the whole series on Netflix now... worth the time!!

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Never seen it, but might break down and rent it.

7. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

talking about a zombie .... dug up a buried 2006

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

heh, I had to look back and see who brought it back up.
    They did do a season 3. It's a comic book. I bought it but never read it yet.

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I used to watch it. Liked it.

10. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I own the Series on DVD . My wife and I have a running joke every time we see something that reminds us of it we say "previously on Jericho".
    It was spot on a lot of things. A small town banding together trying to survive. That first winter showed just how unprepared the people were trying to stay warm with fire places and such. No fuel, med center running out of supplies etc. The wind turbine segment was a bit unrealistic as those things were small and would never have powered a real med center much less the town. That was probably the only part that didnt hit it out of the park. KF

kellory, Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

If you have Netflix it streams there...

oldawg, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am going to have to re-watch. I swear that is the show where no matter how long, post-SHTF they were really clean. Plus they found a rail car full of food didn't they?

13. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Yes, Dale found it. They didnt always look clean. In fact the lead guy (Ulrich) was always a mess.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7