Johnnie Walker Green Label is Returned!!!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Jun 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Back in July of 1973, I was a fresh McNeese State University graduate and didn't have a good lead on a job anywhere, so I signed up with the Peace Corps and went to Africa. While I was there, I managed to acquire a fondness for scotch. When I got back to the U.S, I tried several different brands before settling on Johnnie Walker scotch. I knew they had a Red and a Black, but didn't find out about all the different colors until about 4 years ago. I really REALLY like the Green, but they stopped making it a couple of years ago. I found out 2 weeks ago that they had resumed making the Green!! WOOOOHOO I couldn't find it anywhere near me, so I went online and ordered a bottle or 3. It arrvied today and it tastes just as good as i remember. Ahhhhhhh. It was a Father's Day/birthday prezzie from Rose. :) Thank you, Sweetie!

kellory, Minuteman, Dont and 8 others like this.
  2. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Have you been drinking? ;)

Ganado likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I keep waiting for the @TXKajun version of 'spicy whiskey'[biggrouphug]

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I will get some and add it to my alcohol library, aka the deep freezer that's not plugged in where I stash my booze collection.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I love the blue label. Haven't tried the green. I'll have to look for it. What kind of price?

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I prefer the malts but must admit that I definitely like the Blue, hate the Red, Black is okay in a pinch - never have tried the Green. Maybe I'm missing something?

1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Dunerunner
  4. john316
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Ganado
  12. oldman11