1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Johnnie Walker Green Label is Returned!!!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Jun 22, 2016.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey++

Back in July of 1973, I was a fresh McNeese State University graduate and didn't have a good lead on a job anywhere, so I signed up with the Peace Corps and went to Africa. While I was there, I managed to acquire a fondness for scotch. When I got back to the U.S, I tried several different brands before settling on Johnnie Walker scotch. I knew they had a Red and a Black, but didn't find out about all the different colors until about 4 years ago. I really REALLY like the Green, but they stopped making it a couple of years ago. I found out 2 weeks ago that they had resumed making the Green!! WOOOOHOO I couldn't find it anywhere near me, so I went online and ordered a bottle or 3. It arrvied today and it tastes just as good as i remember. Ahhhhhhh. It was a Father's Day/birthday prezzie from Rose. :) Thank you, Sweetie!
    kellory, Minuteman, Dont and 8 others like this.
  2. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Have you been drinking? ;)
    Ganado likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I keep waiting for the @TXKajun version of 'spicy whiskey'[biggrouphug]
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+

I will get some and add it to my alcohol library, aka the deep freezer that's not plugged in where I stash my booze collection.
  5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I love the blue label. Haven't tried the green. I'll have to look for it. What kind of price?
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey++

I prefer the malts but must admit that I definitely like the Blue, hate the Red, Black is okay in a pinch - never have tried the Green. Maybe I'm missing something?
  1. DarkLight
  2. DarkLight
  3. Ganado
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Dont
  6. Ganado
  7. tacmotusn
  8. Witch Doctor 01
  9. Dont
  10. Gopherman
  11. Ajax
  12. Quigley_Sharps