June Trip.....

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Andy the Aussie, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

......went away at the start of June for a little sanity break but it has been so hectic since I returned I completely forgot to post any pics !!

I will say that out here it has been wet....really wet...and still is. Heading up the country things did not bode well....
    [​IMG]

And yes the place was REALLY wet, in fact the property had had lots more rain that anywhere else, the tracks were slush and to top it off it was bloody cold (that said I prefer being away in the cold). I arrived Friday evening and I normally don't light the fire till the following day but this time around I cranked it up. Wood was a bit of an issue but we had enough to last a few days (mostly larger pieces not cut up at the end of April that everyone else who may have been there thought too big to burn, took to them with the saw asap).

My friend discovered how wet the tracks were when he tried to do a three point turn and got stuck....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

....if you look at a previous thread he also got stuck then, that left me questioning the functioning of his auto-locking hubs. So did this ! Upon his return to civilisation he surely found that they were no longer functioning (this explained more than a few issues he had had.

Some hunting....
    [​IMG]

....there is a pig in there ! And here it is ...
    [​IMG]

..... you can see it almost landed on the jaw of a hog I shot in the almost same spot earlier in the year !!

One more...
    [​IMG]

....head shot....
    [​IMG]

Not mine, one of my friends took a really interesting cull head....!!
    [​IMG]

Weather continued to alternate between really cold or wet....!!! In a cold phase I went and topped up the wood box !!
    [​IMG]

Sunset......
    [​IMG]

Random lunch pic....
    [​IMG]

And that was about it, honestly just enjoyed being disconnected for a week and listening to the sound of rain on an iron roof.

2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Good one, boss used to say a bad day on his bike was still better than his best day at work. A good vacation can be like that too. Good pictures, thank you for sharing. Looks like some of the best places to both make good memories and a good bolt hole if things went sour. Could almost taste the meat in that beautiful hog.

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Jealous here man, looks to be a good trip!!!

Thunder5Ranch, duane and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Ginger Beer looks interesting but what is that on the tortilla?

Thunder5Ranch, Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Good on ya' mate!

Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

….. hamburger patty chopped up.

Thanks all, sure beats working for a living.

7. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

A bad day away from civilization is better then the best day in civilization. You wanna see WET come to the PNW. Always enjoy your outdoors postings.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Meat smothered in sheilas congealers. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

thanks mate. Spent a good deal of time in Oregon, mostly around the Eugene/Creswell/Springfield area but also up north and across and down the coast. Several times. Have not been in the east of the state though.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You missed the best part… One of my favorite areas of Oregon is up on the bench between the Top of the Pendelton Rise east of Pendelton and LeGrand, Or..

11. Andy the Aussie

Yes I have planned to head east for years but “life happens” my last trip started in update NY down to The Keys and across to Houston. All diving.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Ginger beer also known as root beer in some places is not difficult to make, but very nice to drink when chilled on a hot day.

not wanting to hijack Andy's thread, I have posted recipes for making ginger beer elsewhere on the SM site. Recipe - Ginger beer (Root Beer)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  13. Andy the Aussie

I love the stuff...... Bundy make non-alcoholic (pictured) and alcoholic versions.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7