Just a reminder to...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by kckndrgn, Apr 19, 2010.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Check your gear! If anything needs to be rotated, rotate it. Got batteries? replace them.

Over the weekend I was re-organizing my laptop bag, which contains most of my GHB. I looked at a flashlight and thought, I should try that out. It was DEAD! Popped the battery cover of to find that one of the batteries was just starting to corrode. YIKES.
    I went through all the flashlights around the house and replaced batteries as a precaution.

Guess the new rule is when the clock adjust one hour, I'll check all batteries in the bags. Don't wanna hafta try and change batteries in the dark.

2. OzarkSaints

OzarkSaints Monkey++

daylight savings time......smart...I always forget check times, but that is simple and foolproof!

3. Monty

Monty Monkey+++

Thats a great tip, I walk by my lights alot and often don't take the time to check them for battery life.
    Now the question is what else can be added to the check list to make sure it's in working order.

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Other than batteries, the first thing I can think of is anything that is perishable. Food. I have mainstay bars in my vehicle bag, long life, but flimsy foil wrapping. My first pack of bars had a hole wear into a corner, it lost it's seal. My new pack, is inside a vacuum sealed bag.

Medical supplies (pain meds, antihistamine, anti-bacterial, etc.) all have a "shelf life" are they still good after the use by date? Probably, but why chance it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7