Just upgraded Ubuntu from 8.04 to 10.04

Discussion in 'GNU/Linux' started by BAT1, Sep 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I'm impressed with the new 10.04. I'm setting up a recording studio in my spare bedroom. Ubuntu studio rocks. I can play my Bass and it prints the notes on sheet music. I'm also using No Script, so far so good.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Working on some 10.10 beta installs right now. I like the new look.

3. melbo

10.10 is nice. Release date of mid October. That blasted skipping pulseaudio is back. Maybe a fix in the next couple of weeks...

Here's how I look right now.
    Screenshot. Screenshot-1. Screenshot-2.

4. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I tested 10.10 back a while on a net book but somehow, either 10.10 wasn't ready for me or more likely i wasn't ready for 10.10. I use Mint 9, which is kind of a clone of 10.04, like the look and feel better. For what I use the computer for, mostly Internet, I'm satisfied.

5. melbo

You know I've always been minty fresh Dan... I just like to continue to sample new treats. 10.10 is pretty slick looking.

I'm going to give Mint Debian a try soon.

6. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I might take a second look at 10.10 once it is out of beta... don't know though as Mint is serving me well for now. Just haveta experiment sometimes. I got an old emachine I sometimes do the experiments on, can't hurt nothing on it. Littered with mouse droppings last time I went to use it, out in the barn, no less. Pushed the power buttons and on it came. Needed to check something out online and didn't want to clean up to come in the house. Handy to have it out there. I got a dlink wireless adapter for it and can connect off my router.

7. melbo

Everyone needs a Linux box in the barn

1. 3M-TA3
  2. aardbewoner
  3. aardbewoner
  4. Brokor
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Brokor
  7. DarkLight
  8. Brokor
  9. kckndrgn