Killing Culprits Invading Your Home in SHTF Ala Katrina

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Jun 27, 2017.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Sometimes , you are the law. Some things are better left unsaid. But I agree with what he said,,,,^

2. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Nah it's something that could be a future problem and just wanted here peoples opinions and any similar legal cases. The point that seems to be lost is this happening where the police are not around to protect you for an undetermined period of time. Are you just suppose to keep people around, feed the, shelter them, etc., who just tried to kill you because law enforcement is not around to do anything?

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We are our own First Responders, out here in the Alaskan Bush.... Even if my Trooper left the instant I needed his help, he would still be two hours away.... Their JOB is to come pick up the Bodies, and collect the evidence, ALWAYS after the fact... Bad Guys just do NOT last long, if they mess with a local Resident, out here... FireArms are present in everyone's place, and we ALL know how to use them... if required... It is a polite, and quiet lifestyle, for the most part...

4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I am not going to waste resources on someone who tried to do me or my family harm. A couple of extra rounds at the time of the incident should eliminate the question of what to do after. Permently eliminate the threat.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

And that statement, is exactly what is wrong with a large segment of this nation now days. You are responsible for your own safety, period!! The government & politicians have been very successful in convincing the sheep, that police are here to protect you. Just another ruse to try and convince folks that they do not need to have firearms, nor be prepared to protect themselves. All they want is a submissive flock to bow to the government.....

This current generation of compliant snowflakes, is contributing more and more to the ballot box as they get of age to vote.... we are doomed at this rate!!
    [sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sheep][sawgunner]

ED GEiN, 3M-TA3, M118LR and 2 others like this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

As it is here in pennsyltucky. Nearest cop shop is 15 minutes if he's in town center or this side. Stater's shop is closer, but they patrol the interstate, lord only knows where they are but cannot be closer than the shop. If you can't cover your own needs, the likelihood is that you'll be, at best, in a custodial facility living on machines.

I see the f&g guys more often than a blue suit in a black and white.

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

IF DURING SUCH AN EVENT, Some one or a group coming to your door, have already made the decision to compromise your security, and no doubt considered the possibility of a negative reaction, unless it is a surprise attack.
    Seems to me that IF you suspect trouble , that organizing the neighbors to be on board ,so that at a moments notice, all members would be (laser sights,) painting each invader, so they know with out a doubt, that if they intend on trouble, the whole neighborhood will come down on them like a ton of bricks .
    Thugs rely on others "not" getting involved and helping one another.
    Whether the thugs wear a uniform or not, they need to know the neighborhood stand together. and are willing to meet the fight in their face. and not with sheepish passivity .

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

If a true extended SHTF situation and someone TRIED TO KILL ME, he is dead and buried now. End of problem in the short term.
    If things normalize soon after, his family may raise a stink. That could cause problems longterm.
    Have to deal with it if it happens.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

I'm just wondering why it needs to be SHTF?
    Criminals don't wait for SHTF, all across America there are upscale suburban homes getting their front doors kicked in at noon on work days. You could live next door to the Cop Shop and the response time still wouldn't be quick enough. When criminals reach your door, action needs to be first. You can wrangle with the legal procedures latter, if you survive?

10. BTPost

Exactly.... I read every day, about Home Invasions, by Thugs, looking for easy scores... A lot are Older Folks, who are thought to be easy scores.... Right up until they run into an Old Vet, who still has that Warrior Mentality, even if he/she isn't a Physically able any more... and they get SHOT DEAD, and the LEOs just arrive in time, to scoop up the Bodies, and cart them off top the Morgue....

M118LR, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Even when there is no ROL if you must take lethal action it would be a good idea, IMO, to document the event with pictures (if possible) and eye witness accounts, including your own. Then bury the body quick and deep. Killing is still killing, law or not, and you may have to justify it long after the incident. It's hard for even families to keep a secret and a disgruntled group member might go straight to whatever powers may be. His statement, at the time, saying it was self defense will remove any credibility he might have. As I said before, if you have to shoot, shoot to kill and don't stop until you do. Executing a prisoner will still go badly for you even ten years later.

Motomom34, ED GEiN and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Sounds like a great place, seriously!

Excellent idea Hope I'm never in that situation but if I am what you say is a great idea to implement. I'd add put your memorabilia in a hidden place where only you know and not your safe deposit box! I always advocated to my fellow employees as work to do something similar documenting incidents at work and with supervisors!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
  13. BTPost

Oh YES, It is a Great Place to live.... Crime is almost nonexistent..... In the last 50 Years there has been ONE Attempted Murder, and ONE Murder.... One Rape.... One Attempted Rape (He was shown the door, and never returned) and a few SAR events, where FlatLanders went bush, and got lost... Other than that not a lot of LE Excitement.... Oh Yea, and two Poaching Cases.... but Life still goes on....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7