1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Klass drink mix review. Hibiscus flavor

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by WestPointMAG, Sep 21, 2008.

1. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Food reviews by WPM

Klass drink mix review. Hibiscus flavor

Since Tang is now artificially sweetened I have been looking for an alternative to orange Tang. Tang use to come in hibiscus flavor called Jamaica then one day I could no longer find it on the store shelf. Today I was walking around the food side of W-mart and discovered Klass Jamaica hibiscus flavored drink mix in the ethnic section . The price was $2.54 for a 15.9 Oz resealable bag and makes 5.3 Qts,
    It is rather good. It has a fruity taste but does not taste like punch. The only problem is it only offers 10% of vitamin C. The bag is printed in wet back and American so you should be able to read it.
    Here is a link that should be of interest to some of you. http://www.mexgrocer.com/brand-klass.html

I think we could use a food and drink review sticky.

Margaret Holmes Hoppin’ John Blackeye peas with tomatoes, onion and jalapenos.
    Distributed by McCall farms
    Bought at Dollar General for $1.00 for a 14oz can. Found in the ethnic section.
    Servings per can 3.1 {It only served me once.}
    I recommend this product. It was hardy with very good flavor. It was spiced just right for me with the jalapenos only supplying a nice warm glow in the back of my throat that did not increase or become uncomfortable. This would make a good base for a number if dishes and I think it would work very whell over rice or noodles.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary