Learning Civilian First Response

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Mar 12, 2016.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I know that you are, or were, a .MIL trained Fellow.... My Training comes from Designing Primary Energetics, for DuPont, while in College, and putting myself thru College, as a Commercial PowderMan, on Weekends, and Summers.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@BTPost
    Was and long ago. Same as you remember from DuPont; I remember.

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

WE are not mute nor are we not sharing tips. For some/maybe most former military.... it is hard to translate what was the lessons we learned either through training or real life missions. To us it is instinct when it comes to reaction...we may not even know what we just saw...but it was threatening/out of place or odd.....bang (rules of engagement of course notwithstanding) ;) Many former military make excellent trainers, probably because they were trained to do that (mostly SF and other trainer positions, service specific).

I for one, can not really talk you through certain techniques... I have to walk you through, physically ....over and over, and then we run through it over and over. That is how you learn to shoot a rifle/pistol proficiently, move and communicate in direct action. What we learned while in service to our nation, was patience, how to handle stress/physical pain/loss/weather and so much more....

That is not easily translated to a written word.... no excuses.... just our reality. Out of the 35 or so watching this thread, more than half are former mil..... correct me if I am wrong or misspoken. :)

Zimmy and Ganado like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

At least 20 are mil or ex mil. Bear in mind that not all are SF or equal, nor necessarily proficient in any given, ah, "mode" of activity. Some, I think, are. Again and as always, OPSEC and absent creds, assume not.

Zimmy and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Motomom34
    Although it may be a poor example of what @Yard Dart said; this is called the Aussie peel.

It is/was one of the ways a small force broke contact with a larger force. It is as orchestrated and rehearsed over and over. It requires intense concentration and training. At first just how, then live fire is added. Same as so many combat applications, it is not something that can be explained in words or learned from a video.

@ghrit
    There are easy ways to tell; however, no one shares them.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The big reason for Aussie Peel practice is to make double sure that the troops maintain muzzle control. The drill is NOT always in a nice neat place like the range, and often enough it is on a path that does not permit much offset. BYKT, no?

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

These Brussels Bombers were wearing one glove. I am not saying all people that wear one glove are dangerous but two men side by side, one glove, in the airport. Should security have noticed and questioned? Hands kill. Good example?

bombers.

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Observation is always a front line defense. The mechanics of WHAT is to be done, often requires prep, that could appear odd. Always watch for what does not quite fit the circumstances.
    Same is true for spotting card cheats or magic tricks.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Shoot on sight
    image.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think we are more in danger every day of foreign and domestic terrorism. Be aware and be prepared.

11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Terrorism: a gift courtesy a Fully funded corporate america

12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

For those that would like additional training check FEMA online courses

Emergency Management Institute - Independent Study (IS) | Course List

If nothing else, you will gain some background knowledge of what the FEMAbots are thinking, or trying to do. Your. Tax. Dollars. At work

FEMA is on hand to support the local Government machinery - not local citizens.

Zimmy, Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Because of yesterdays school shooting, I am bumping this thread because of the valued information. If you become involved in a community discussion on how to protect and harden local schools, this is vital information to have.

Maybe you have a teacher that is questioning how to start being prepared. The country is getting worse. Time to revisit and hone our skills.

oldawg and BTPost like this.
  1. Garand69
  2. Motomom34
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Motomom34
  5. Matei
  6. Matei
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Zimmy
  9. Yard Dart
  10. tacmotusn
  11. chelloveck
  12. Yard Dart
  13. Motomom34
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Ganado
    [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Ganado, Apr 25, 2016, 1 replies, in forum: General Survival and Preparedness
  16. Yard Dart
  17. melbo
  18. Motomom34
  19. Motomom34
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7