Les talk about the Get Home Bag (GHB)

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I just found the next big 'farkle' for mine and Seacowboys' KLR motorcycles!
    SurvivalMonkey could be the first Prepper Board with it's own amphibious assault cavalry! Check out near the end to see the intake and exaust tubing.....

Motorcycles ride under water!! - YouTube

2. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

Between where I work and home is a mile or 2 long bridge, and only three in the entire area. If there was a quake or something that disabled the bridges I'm not sure what I would do to get home other than try to find a boat I can use to get across.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or stash an inflatable at the workplace --?

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

An air matress packs down to easy concealed carry in a gear bag! It'll float you and your gear across. Just mind the gators if you're down South......

BTPost likes this.
  5. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

Maybe a knife that you can get to a little quicker for example my leatherman has the blade on the outdide and is very quick to get to. Also I wiuld try to pack as light as possible. Too much weight could slow you down and in a real emergency it could benefit you to downsize.

6. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

My thoughts exactly... Light fast and mobile... Liquids are heavy but water is easily acquired here... if you know where to look... of course if there is a lot of snow on the ground I might have to field improvise a set of snow shoes???

7. Charliefox

Charliefox Monkey+

I try to never let my gas tank get lower than 1/2 and carry a pretty simple bag (a meduim gym bag with a shoulder strap to stay as "gray" as possible) with an Esbit stove and fuel, a GI canteen and cup, a fire starting kit, a poncho with liner and two commercial MRE's. I've also added two extra pair of heavy socks, a stocking cap and wool glove liners. My plan doesn't include leaving my vehicle, but I can if absolutely necessary. Everything else is already with me.

8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Now in my new location I live a couple miles from work. I just jog home. Now when I have to travel that is another story and what I can bring with me really depends on how I have to get there. It is not as easy to bring a good kit when you fly to a location.

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

My properly equipped tactical wheel barrow can handle all the water, mud, snow as well as incoming fire.... and carry all of the gear a real man needs to get home....;)

10. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

don't forget to install run flats with a CTIS system on the wheel barrow ....to make sure it is easy to roll in any terrain. I would also suggest installing a heavy duty skid plate on the bottom of it since you will be carrying so much weight.[booze]

11. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

1. JC Refuge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. Thunder5Ranch
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Motomom34
  11. ED GEiN
  12. AxesAreBetter
  13. medicineman
  14. Bandit99
  15. DKR
  16. Oltymer
  17. Imasham
  18. AxesAreBetter
  19. Witch Doctor 01