Life as you know it !

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Nadja, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Falcon, that is true. I was in the military in the 60's so I can attest to that myself. But, I still don't see them being much of a threat for too very long. Communications could be iffy at best, fuel, food etc.

But this country is not at all like them being over in the camel infested sand of the middle east. Here their boots are on home ground. Most people in the military, would have a homesick feeling at some point or another., Everybody's opinion counts here, so be it.

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I think at first it will be our guy's until they have to start using alot of force on US citizen at which time will give a perfect opening to bring the Blue Helments in. The reason I say this is Big Brother will put our guy's trying to get the systems back up. So the sheeple wont stray. So they will justify the Blue Helments by the need and they will be a neutral party. (If anyone would believe that)

3. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

You right Dog the fed. will come to safe you ever if you don't need/want it. I would feel better about the blue hats showing up myself if you know what I mean.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

The question is, are the blue helmet/hats fit food to feed your dogs, or better yet your hogs? Or are inherent diseases easily transmitted that way. Dogs like to lick you and hogs would be butchered eventually. Anyone with a medical or vetinarian background have some input to share on that?

Nadja likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I believe i would have to cook down them a bit...Would'nt want the dog's or hog's getting sick...

Falcon15 and Nadja like this.
  6. Alpha Dog

Set up a road side stand mystery meat sandwich no cash ammo only

7. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Swine,rodents,and avians are the main crossover species common in the formation,and spread of pandemic disease's in human history,so far as I've read/researched.
    Other than rabies,and parasite born illness(fleas,ticks,worms),a canine is more likely to catch something from you than you,than you are from them.

BLUE HELMETS MAKE GOOD TARGETS!!
    Matt

VisuTrac, Falcon15 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

The military will be paid. They always have been, just not always with real money.

2008/65/1 Military scrip (5), military payment certificates, from print series 481, 641, 681, paper, maker unknown, United States of America, for use in Vietnam / Korea / Indo-China, 1951-1970 - Powerhouse Museum Collection

When they need to, they just print their own.

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Falcon15 and Dogfood like this.
  10. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Nadja,

While I'm out "shopping," it's actually recon. I have most of what my family needs. The modest topping off of my stuff would not hurt and I would be getting some decent intelligence on how folks in my community are reacting.

My arms are not young and strong and they certainly are not very long. Please do not worry about the ability of my arms to carry some groceries, etc.

I'm sure that we will wish that we had more of everything but we have addressed what we consider our key needs, already. In the described scenario, the flow of meaningful info would be very different, very quickly; the trip to the store will give me a quick assessment of how my community is reacting--and I really want to know about that, ASAP.

Gator 45/70, Alpha Dog and Cephus like this.
  11. Alpha Dog

Thats like me and my wife was talking a little while ago about how when we go out she can see me looking around constantly. I guess 17 years as an L.E.O. has drove it into me for saftey reasons. Im all ways trying to pick who I think will be the trouble, how many ways to get out and what around the room has the best tactical advantage and if need be could provide cover. I will not set in the middle of a restruant has to be a corner and prefer away from the victims. Anyone that is close to my area or walks by I make sure to get direct I contact you can get alot from eye contact and body movement. There are a few of the places we go now without a word they put us in a corner.

Cephus and Dogfood like this.
  12. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Falcon15 likes this.
  13. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

As well as spotting the ones carrying concealed weapons or people you had a run in with in the past. The predators know you see them too and that you are not one of the sheep. I have tried to teach my kids this so they don't walk around with head in butt disorder.

Alpha Dog, Gator 45/70 and Cephus like this.
  14. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Et Voila, These folks produce tons, yes TONS of food, have small livestock and use every available space to farm. Yes, FARM.

The Urban Homestead California Heartland (PBS) - YouTube

15. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

There is likley to be a power struggle between Local, State,Federal, and possibly those blue helments.

In Mexico a policeman is the best job one can get even though they recieve little or no sallery.

16. Nadja

So, why not for the planing on bugging in people to start planing on your gardens ? What grows and doesn't grow in your area ? When do you plant and not plant ? Do you have the seeds and other materials you will need when the time comes ? What about water, as gardens tend to use a lot . Do you have seeds for what does grow ? Pleanty of them put away ? And most important , do you have the knowledge needed to garden ? It is not like your wife putting her roses in the ground.

But , do plan on what you will need now, not later. I have said this before and I will say it again, you can't eat silver or gold, and it may not have any value when the country is hungry. Barter will be everything in the future. Money is about to become useless and food will be king.

Alpha Dog, Dogfood and Cephus like this.
  17. Nadja

For things that will not grow well or even at all, like rice, wheat, beans etc, you can right now buy them in large quanities and store them for later use. What do you do when you can't go to the corner store and buy a single loaf of bread ? Or meat and vegies ? The trick is to plan for the long term of being without food, and that means growing your own, and extra for bartering with a neighbor maybe for meat, and other things you are not preparred for . Again, silver and gold will not get you any of these. Not from my neighbors and myself anyway.

oth47 likes this.
  18. Nadja

Looking around on utube today, I found several people including Soros that says our economy will tank towards the end of this year. Hmm. Well, if O Great one wins you can be sure it will happen. But even if he does get defeated is it possible to turn this mess around at all ? You ranchers out there, may want to make sure you have extra live stock to butcher and barter with us vegie growers in the near future. If I have 5,000 lbs of tators and you have beef or pork or even sheep, you may find yourselves in a very good position to trade with me. I would not except your pm's .

For all you growers of even a small garden, planting season is coming soon and you need to plan what and where you will grow life sustaining vegies etc. So, are you planning and getting ready ?
    Sure hope so.

19. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

If the economy collapses Gold and Silver will replace FRNS, sure in my opinion gold is worthless but frns have no value whatsoever. Mabey someone can start a thred on bartering afgter SHITF

20. Nadja

I think bartering would be a simple thing really. My vegies for your beef/pork and or fish etc

1. DKR
  2. stg58
  3. Waydah
  4. Brokor
  5. The_Prepared
  6. oil pan 4
  7. T. Riley
  8. Mindgrinder
  9. Yard Dart
  10. oil pan 4
  11. Mindgrinder
  12. AD1