Living in a tree

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Jun 15, 2017.

1. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

I am now that predator, and I'm willing to bet that I can get up there?

Meat likes this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Ok. I'm betting zero chance. I can be taught a thing or two though. :D

3. M118LR

No, I don't think so. But altitude isn't the challenge that you think it is. How much altitude is above your current position? And what are your plans for defending the altitude above you? I'll rest. I don't believe that I can make headway on a ZERO CHANCE.

Meat likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The only natural predictors that attack from above are avians, and they rarely take anything bigger that a big a Dog.... Knowing that, in the natural world, Tree living makes a lot of sense, from things in the natural world... Human Predators, however, are a TOTALLY Different case, altogether.... M118LR is correct on that point.... NEVER, EVER, underestimate a human predator, until their COLD DEAD Body is laying at your feet, and even then, ALWAYS be looking above, around, and below, for his friends... Because they can be around the next corner, ANYTIME... Also, ALWAYS remember if you are trying to E & E, you rarely if EVER go verticle, as you limit your maneuver ability, greatly by doing so... There is ALWAYS and end, to going UP...

oldawg, Brokor, Ganado and 7 others like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

BTPost is my hero.

Ganado, Motomom34 and john316 like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope, No Hero... Just someone who thinks about things like this, on Long Winter Nights, when AlaskaChick is deployed with MDs w/o Boarders....

7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

You'll be dead trying in my opinion. I have thought this through. I firmly believe it's possible. Nothing personal of course. :D

M118LR likes this.
  8. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

The problem I see is from the 2 legged predators, if they know you are up there, and they will probably figure it out from clues on the ground, you make yourself a perfect target, with basically no where to hide or get away to, unless you pull a Tarzan move.

Rancher

SB21 and Meat like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Barking up the wrong tree.

GOG likes this.
  10. M118LR

Love your optimism, wouldn't go afield with your perspective chances, and I'd make sure that all final affairs had been settled before I took the first rung on my way up your tree. But I respect your opinion!
    Now about those HOGS TOOTH'S on your necklace?
    Perhaps we both should reconsider this? Are you wearing your glow in the dark patch prior to climbing the tree? It does make a big difference.

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Not without a harness and a safety tether. I could see me waking in the middle of the night and going outside to peeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    .......... splat!!!

12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Thinking you are invincible is a good way to find out you aren't.

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I remember this episode of Doomsday Prepper. He is planning on bugging out in a tree house. They say defense is better on high ground. Yes, you would be trpped unless you have a super speedy zip line for escape.

Only issue with this tree house is that it does not seem to be bullet proof. I do not think a tree could hold a house that could withstand most bullets.

Ganado and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

One way up is to my advantage I feel. I've already put anti-climbing devices up before. Simple. Thanks for the feedback. :D

If you're addressing me I don't think that at all. That's the whole reason for being up a tree.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
    Ganado likes this.
  15. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

At the sure and certain risk of drawing fire, being "up a tree" or "up a stump" is an old time euphemism for having no answer.

16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Wait. What about living in a cave? Delete thread. [afro]

17. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I can see some of the advantages , and the disadvantages. But I remember watching those WWII movies, some based on true experiences, where those Jap snipers were being shot out of the trees. Sure they wrecked a litte havoc, but it didn't last for long. I guess they were basically like Kamikazis. A short life expectancy .
    The way I see it is , Living in a tree could have its advantages , using a tree for defense , not so good , using a tree for evasion , might work.
    Just my opinion.

Ganado and Meat like this.
  18. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^Thanks. I've kept out most of the details on purpose but number one is being virtually undetectable. All feed back is appreciated. :D

Ganado likes this.
  19. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I guess where you live they make different kind of tree houses than we have in AZ...
    [​IMG]

Motomom34, Tully Mars and Meat like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Hmmm this thread smells like click bait..... Meat is trying to win the competition via how many hits he gets..... good on ya sir. [winkthumb]

Tully Mars and Meat like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Bishop
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. DKR
  7. Bishop
    Here is a song can you relate to it. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jun 15, 2018, 1 replies, in forum: General Discussion
  8. DKR
  9. DKR