Living in a tree

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Jun 15, 2017.

1. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Better get your AMC STUBS Membership.
    Perhaps the endings are dependent on where you are standing at the time. LOL.

Motomom34 and Meat like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

In both those cases, OpSec was blown, which allowed a superior Force to put the Sneak on the Good Guys, on their own Turf....

Meat likes this.
  3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Some of you fools will be dying to get in my tree. Just like the fools trying to get into Noah's Ark. It's too late by that time. Your fate is sealed. Uh oh. :D

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

So are these "train" squirrels Ranger qualified, or are they just regular grunts... folks wanna know. :lol:

M118LR and Meat like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Just funnin ya... [winkthumb]

Meat likes this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Still apt to find a nut up that tree---

Meat and Yard Dart like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Meat=Nut....#Yep [seeno][hearno][sayno]

8. Yard Dart

SM Editor roid rage!!!!

[​IMG]

Meat likes this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I'm betting you'd like me on your side if SHTF. I'm a winner even though I hate to brag. :D

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. Yard Dart

I like confidence....even in a nut, like you Meat. [chopper]

11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I'm not a nut Gawsh Darnit. I think outside the box. :D

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I live " Outside the Box" .... Does that count?

Meat likes this.
  13. Yard Dart

An Acorn is still a nut.... just not as salty as a peanut. ;)

M118LR and Meat like this.
  14. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I don't want you anywhere near me. That flash of shining overconfidence will draw fire I do NOT need.

15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

A
    Good. Stay away from the Olympic Peninsula tough guy. I'm guessing the weather is too much for you anyway. Drawing fire. Lol.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Motomom34 likes this.
  16. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Thank you, Meat, for making my point.

Meat likes this.
  17. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

They may, while looking down, see the offal he's dropped. Or signs of climbing and descending. Or dead bodies that he's sniped and left lay. Just no way to live for any extended period in a tree top (or anywhere else) no matter how high or dense the foliage, without leaving signs. The worst part of this whole exercise is the "I can do it, trust me" attitude, then refuse to explain how he's going to get around the questions raised by such a postulated "plan."

A sign of the absurdity is the block and tackle to raise supplies. Doing that, while perfectly acceptable as a means of lifting and lowering pallets, or bags, or cargo nets is just fine BUT take careful note of the need for a clear liftway which obviously provides a sight line up to the hide. (Not that it would be a good idea to look up because there might be a kew or plop headed down --)

Sorry, @Motomom34, I am not buying that "most are looking down" as a defense for an off the wall scheme. If you are hunting, or are hunted, you are not blasting along just sweating whether or not to be tripping over a lump of dropped dung, you are carefully watching where you step, then scanning for game or predators. "Clear to the left, clear to the right, clear above and clear below."

To get a bit preachy, what this site seemed, when I first joined, to be a good place to get and share "how to" and "what to" do in case of "whatever." This no longer seems to be the rule, but rather the exception. We are seeing huge amounts of unrelated (to preparedness) crap on the site, AND tolerating (if not out and out encouraging) it for some reason. I have to say that the CoC allows all this rubbish, but sure seems that PC has taken over from reason.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  18. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Thanks for the hits. :D

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  19. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

YD described me as a nut. Mods need to suspend his account for one day. Teach him a valuable lesson. Thanks. :D. I'm getting overwhelmed with pm's supporting my idea of living in a tree. So many that I can't answer them all but it's much appreciated. God Bless all of you. :D

Motomom34 likes this.
  20. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

"The short life is the merriest" if I can quote another movie.

Yard Dart and Meat like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Bishop
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. DKR
  7. Bishop
    Here is a song can you relate to it. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jun 15, 2018, 1 replies, in forum: General Discussion
  8. DKR
  9. DKR