Longing for Summer

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by RightHand, Mar 2, 2012.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's not been a bad winter by New England standards. We haven't had deep snow or sub-zero temperatures but rather, occasional spitting storms and days in the 30's and 40's with more blue skies they gray. Maybe that's why the mild cold we've had this week seems so bone-chillingly raw that I can't seem to get warm.

I'm longing for days filled with hot sun and warm breezes; nights that hold the sweet smell of my potted gardenias wafting through the windows. I'm anxious to hear the sounds of bumblebees as they warm their bodies and the incessant demands of newly hatched chicks. I want to feel the small beads of sweat that will drip between my breasts and the cool shower that will wash away the grime of working in the garden as it begins to bear the fruit of my labor. I can see myself in a wispy summer skirt, bare legs and feet, feeling the grass with my toes. I will eat berries off the bushes and at night, lay outside on a blanket, watching the night sky and drinking wine from the bottle. I can't wait until I need to squint a bit and shield my eyes from the sun as I survey my realm. I want to lay on the moss covered boulders that edge the stream and doze off with sweet dreams filling my mind. I want to stop at a child's front yard stand, enjoy a slightly warm but still refreshing sip of too-sweet lemonade while dropping my quarter into their hands and seeing their delight. I want to walk in the woods at dawn and smell the aroma of wet rotting wood from the downed trees that are dotted with brightly colored fungi.

I can't wait to relive all my memories of summers past and make new ones to add to the collection.

alone.

bumblebee.

black-eyed_susans.

blackberries.

Lemonade.

butterfly2.

river_rapids.

skirt_twirling.

windinherhair.

moon.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7