LTS Food Companies?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by SoCoRuss, Jul 21, 2013.

1. SoCoRuss

SoCoRuss Monkey+

Got my what I eat everyday done and now I'm looking for some LTS food. There are multiple companies out there. Is there a general consensence on which one has better food at a better price? Not sure how to pick which company to use?

2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I researched this a bit on line about a year ago before I bought some more. Looked at several dozen reviews, comparisons and general comments. I did not taste test compare these. There seemed to be a slight edge in the taste/quality department for Mountain House and a modest thumb down for Wise and everything else seemed to be about par. I also was a bit more successful finding the ingredients for Moutain House entrees. But do not hang your hat on this limited and subjective info. YMMV...

AT

chelloveck likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Pack your own rice, beans and wheat. Use 1 gallon mylar bags and O2 scrubbers. A whole lot less $$$ than buying from someone that doesn't list country of origin...

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Know any Mormon's? You just might want to beFriend one, or two, and see if they will get you acquainted with their local Cannery. There you can put up your own LTS, (Long Term Storage) made up of staples like Powdered Milk, Grains, Beans, Rice, Peanut Butter, and Honey..... 8 million Mormon's can't be wrong, and they have been Prep'en for Centuries..... ......

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    T. Riley, chelloveck and Brokor like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

If you want to buy from the LDS search for "lds food store"

7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Don't waste time looking, there is no cheaper place to buy staples than LDS unless you package your on from bulk.

1. JC Refuge
  2. JC Refuge
  3. JC Refuge
  4. JC Refuge
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 1, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 1, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. RJFab
  8. duane
  9. TnAndy
  10. john316
  11. DKR
  12. DKR
  13. apache235
  14. Ganado
  15. alaskachick
  16. Motomom34
  17. Bandit99
  18. Asia-Off-Grid