Martial Law... thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Waydah, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If they destroy the country there will be no one to fund all of their pie-in the-sky projects. Why would they want to leave and go into a cushy exile? TPTB are looking at the long-term, long after our leaders are gone their children and grandchildren will enjoy lives of wealth, power, influence and privilege...if not positions of leadership as well.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Why ain't Hillery in jail? She & Bill would have too much company.

The White House FBI files controversy of the Clinton Administration, often referred to as Filegate,[1] arose in June 1996 around improper access in 1993 and 1994 to FBI security-clearance documents. Craig Livingstone, director of the White House's Office of Personnel Security, improperly requested, and received from the FBI, background reports concerning several hundred individuals without asking permission. The revelations provoked a strong political and press reaction because many of the files covered White House employees from previous Republican administrations, including top presidential advisors. Under criticism, Livingstone resigned from his position. Allegations were made that senior White House figures, including First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, may have requested and read the files for political purposes, and that the First Lady had authorized the hiring of the underqualified Livingstone.

Bill?

How soon we forget
    The Mena coverup

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Folks tend to give themselves far too much credit. It won't just be "the police", it will be the military also, and they will be fighting "terrorists", not American Citizens. Your enemy will be every person out there who still believes in the lie, they will turn you in no problem -even family. Just when you think you've got the moral high ground, they will just blow up a school or a church to build more resentment, blame it on you. Think IRA, not China or Vietnam. The IRA only had a chance when they held onto their ties to the communities they belonged to. Once they were demonized, that all went away, and quickly. They've planned for every plausible eventuality. War games have been going on long enough, coordinated drills have been run at every level, stockpiles of assets acquired, hardened bunkers and underground cities ready to go. They have people in every criminal circuit and the capacity to embed themselves wherever they need to, be it black market oriented or militia. The snake has many heads, not one. And after it all, you just become a martyr at best. I'm not liking those odds.
    The People are so divided and seriously deluded, that there's so little chance for them to organize, communicate, and strategize. As I said before, the whole "war on terrorism" is a thinly veiled disguise for the war on dissent domestically.

4. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

hell - they are getting ready to go to war with the US and most of SE Asia over the South China Sea reefs & shoals - and they barely have much of a claim to hang a fish net on >>> everyone either dies or goes to work camps before Hong Kong goes free ...

STGThndr, Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Therein lays the rub. The sheep have been stirred and stampeded so often and so far that even if the opportunity arose, the distrust would prevent coordination, at least not in the short haul, and especially not in urban areas. I have to admire the hongkongers that seem to be organizing and planning on the fly. Note that Hong Kong is urban as all get out, it is NOT obvious how they are hanging in.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I'm glad you mentioned this. A person I like to keep track of tells about his own family (Chinese and HK Chinese and American) who are strongly divided because of the China/HK struggle. I mean, it's to the point where they literally hate each other (most of the hate is coming from the China side, not surprisingly) and the Chinese Communist Party is so fervently supported, the believers would rather DIE than to betray China. That's how they see Hong Kong, they actually believe that fighting for liberty and freedom is betraying China, the Motherland and the Party.
    We're not too far from this type of radicalism in America, either. It might be a bit of a leap, but do away with the two party system and make it a single party and we're China. Remember that the next time somebody mentions "Bipartisanship".

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Bandit99 like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I agree with you, it makes no sense, but it is obvious they want to bring the house down. I did read an interesting observation where the TPTB wish to bring down the USA, since it is used up and too powerful, and replace it as the frontrunner with China which is a much easier environment to work in...

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I don't know if it was necessarily martial law right after Katrina,
    But we did have a deputy ride by stop and ask us if it was any problems we needed to report.
    We were like No Sir we have this place covered,He was like if you need something just call....hahaha
    Frigg'n towers were down with no power...Yes sir,We sure will...lol

Zimmy likes this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Resurrecting this thread for consideration. I think are closer to seeing mass martial law in the US than at any time in my life and it's time to discuss realities.

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

yeah, I see it coming to home towns soon.
    if we don't get control of the virus. yeah, we are going to be looking at border like a cage for us.
    already had a friend bail out of Michigan and head to Hawaii until this is over.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Out of the frying pan and into the fire! How is that an improvement?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

it's warm and there are huts on the beach and mixed drinks. Best of all if the get locked in there, it's not 35 degrees and rainy.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I have serious doubts that martial law will be instituted, either locally or nationally (possibly excepting large city rioting.) Enforcing the war powers act provisions with other than reasonable people behaving rationally will be EZ on law enforcement. There will be exceptions that can't see the utility of following directions. As long as the provisions are NOT extended past the short term needs of the crisis, things should be smooth. If the provisions are extended past the need, well, rebellion is not off the table.

Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

It will creep up on us. Nevada's Governor has closed the strip for 30 days. And this weekend they are limiting traffic. This means check points and only allowing XX amount of cars per hour on certain streets and freeways. Not martial law but curtailing freedom to travel.

STGThndr, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Always have alternate routes of travel using side-streets and secondary roads. Also have PAPER maps.

17. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Mandated Bar and Restaurant closures, secure in place orders, limited travel restrictions, I am waiting for the first "Run" on a grocery, big box store or bank. We are being slow walked into Martial Law so that when it comes, most people will welcome it and will have prepared.

18. Sassenach

Sassenach Deo Vindice

Incrementalism, boys and girls. They're dipping toes in the water, prohibiting large gatherings, closing businesses...

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

STGThndr, Capt. Tyree, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  19. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I expect to hear from the head idiot in Washington tonight that we are in quarantine, Trump already called out the National Guard. So I expect to be waking the locals up for a little lets close our AO party soon.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Were in the same situation ,, QB ,ONT have lock down , BC is next , or so they think ,, I can see main citys ,, But Im so Rural , plus farms and ranches have chores to do EVERY day 365.4

S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Dont
  2. OldDude49
  3. Bandit99
  4. Motomom34
  5. Brokor
  6. Yard Dart
  7. hitchcock4
  8. azrancher
  9. enloopious
  10. Brokor