Medicinal Herbs and THE SURVIVALIST ! : )

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by wildernessgal, Nov 11, 2007.

1. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Ok this is a subject, which I believe goes hand in hand with "SURVIVAL"... It's something that puts YOU in the POWER POSITION ROLE of tending to your own needs....

For a start, eveyone will be "IN A BETTER POSITION" (<--after T.S.H.T.F.) if they take the time NOW, to EDUCATE themselves, to EAT WELL, BOOST THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEMS & PRACTICE PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE... by only changing one's DIET, you really can do much and you will be better off in the future!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***I won't go into detail now, about the whole "HEALTHY FOOD DISCUSSION" as I've written about it before explaining why modern processed foods are destroying our health. If you'd like to learn more, go to: www.westonaprice.org for more information , to educate yourself, and start down the road to having a healthy disease free body! ***
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I sit with "OUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MEDICINAL BOOKS" as I want to share with you which ones we have found to be the best/most helpful in teaching the basics. They are listed in no particular order...

*****THE HERB SOCIETY OF AMERICA NEW ENCYCLOPEDIA OF HERBS & THEIR USES (THE DEFINATIVE GUIDE TO THE IDENTIFICATION,CULTIVATION, AND USES OF HERBS ~ Over 1,000 HERBS & 1,500 PHOTOGRAPHS ) By Author: Deni Brown
    078948031X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.

*****THE HERBAL MEDICINE CABINET ~ PREPARING NATURAL REMEDIES AT HOME
    By Author: Debra St. Clair
    HERBALMEDICINECABINET.

*****THE HERBAL MEDICINE-MAKER'S HANDBOOK By Author: James Green
    0895949903.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.

*****INDIAN HERBOLOGY OF NORTH AMERICA
    By Author: Alma R. Hutchens

*****HERBS THAT HEAL (RX: Prescription for Herbal Healing) How to Fortify your Natural Defenses against Cancer, Arthritis, & etc... By Authors: Michael A. Weiner Ph.D. & Janet A. Weiner

Now we do have others which my husband got while taking a Master Herbalist Course on-line, and that is where we got "chock loads of extra info" and access to incredible books we had never even heard of.... So taking that course was DEFINATELY worth it, in our opinions!!!! There are several schools out there offering Master Herbalist Courses... you'll need to check 'em all out in detail, and see which one will work out best for you!

So there ya go... You should be off to a very good start indeed with the above BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS!

Other than that, have an awesome day, and keep on learning as "more knowledge" will always put you in a better position!

Sincerely,
    ~Wildernessgal~
    ( Who loves Medicinal Herbs, Natural
    Healing, & Preventative Medicine... ) [rockon]

P.S.- Here's to our families/our HEALTH!!!

1. Ganado
  2. Magdala_Buckley
  3. ED GEiN
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Motomom34
  7. DKR
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Oddcaliber
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34
  12. Tempstar