(Minority Group) Entertainment Awards

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by The Expendable, Jun 29, 2009.

1. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Just my opinion, but I think if you are going to have an exclusionary awards show that honors only members of one particular race (or gender, or religion, or ethnic origin, or whatever), it takes a lot of nerve to have awards like "best actor" or "best male hip-hop artist". As an example I will use a fictitious awards ceremony, the Bulgarian Entertainment Television Awards. If the promoters of the awards show were honest, they would give awards like the "best BULGARIAN actor" or the "best BULGARIAN hip-hop artist.

Here's another example, the Bahamian Entertainment Television Awards. Could the promoters of such an awards show honestly say that a Bahamian actor is the best? He or she might be the best, or maybe not. Until the BET Awards are opened up to all actors, the most you can honestly say is that the actor is the best BAHAMIAN actor.

Actually, I'm just kidding around anyway. There's no way this country, this bastion of fairness and equality, would ever allow such an exclusionary awards show to exist. Long gone are the days of "whites only" country clubs, or racially segregated water fountains and restrooms. Just imagine if there were ever a White Entertainment Television Awards show in this country. It could never happen here... could it?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7