Monkey Voice Chat Is Now Operational (Monkey Speak)

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Mountainman, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Monkey voice chat is now operational using Discord. The Teamspeak server no longer works. The setup for Discord is much easier then Teamspeak was. All you have to do is download the program, sign up and then decide if you want a voice activated or a hot key mic.

To set up your mic click on the * to the right of your name than click "Voice & Video".

So for you guys and gals that were intimidated before, this is about as easy as it gets...and you know who you are so no excuses any more, lol. The only things you need are a mic and ear buds or headphones.

Discord download:
    Discord - Free Voice and Text Chat

Link to Monkey Speak server
    Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

WARNING: This is NOT A SECURE SITE for communications so do not say anything that you would not post in an open forum!!!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[touchdown] I look forward to catching up with all my monkey friends. Thank you @Mountainman for working on getting a new chat site up & running.

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Well I can promise I will never use it :)

sec_monkey and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  4. Mountainman

Why would you say something like that? Is not being secure the issue? This is set up to get to know other Monkeys better and have fun on, not for super secret comms.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Nothing discussed will be sensitive information, it's fun and easy to use. Tens of millions of people use Discord daily, most gamers use it now, too. We're not so special that there's an actual team sitting around listening to us, the IP's and information is secure but it is shared with Discord since it is on their servers. The most that will ever happen is data is collected and plugged into an AI database for corporate marketing purposes. No CIA/NSA spy programs to worry about.

6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I doubt I will ever use it, either. It is not because of monkey chat, or the lack of security. I do not like the Discord platform. I have used it in the past. Personally, I ended up sticking with Telegram.

With that said, I'm sure anyone who is comfortable with the platform, will probably enjoy it quite well. I wish everyone the best who does. I'm sure it will be a great way to interact with other monkeys. Thank you for setting up another way for us to interact with each other and possibly get to know each other better.

snake6264, sec_monkey and Mountainman like this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I will try to get on once I get back on a regular schedule... Team speak was a kick in the pants... Besides it will let me try out my super secret monkey decoder ring that I got in my Ovaltine box last night! errm or was that Malto meal... or Geritol... I for get....:oops:

snake6264, Motomom34, Brokor and 5 others like this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

jus member they record every word

cuz real bad dudes use it, to quote POTUS

real bad dudes that belong in GITMO

Zimmy and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Oh nothing against it or what you did. I have a speech impediment, that is barely noticeable as long as I keep a degree of focus on making it not noticeable. When I sit down at the computer or with close friends I can drop that focus and not worry about it and relax. Then voice chats came into existence and I tried them and then the "Listen to the Retard/drunk dude." Comments started. So after a while I just chose not to participate in the same crap online :) LOL the same reason I have a cell phone and will only answer 3 numbers incoming calls. The wife handles all of the business calls unless they want to communicate with me in person, Email, or FB Messenger. The impediment...... A old head injury that left me sounding like a very drunk person with extremely slurred speech, that is very mentally exhausting to compensate for and not sound like a very drunk person, with slurred speech :)

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

STOP. WATCHING. THE NEWS. [LMAO]

11. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

@sec_monkey , if they wanted you to say something all they would have to do is digitally sample your voice, then remix it to say whatever they want....

...if you are such a big target it wont matter what you do or don't do...:cautious::cautious:

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Don't get me started , if you though I was long winded typing ,this could get messy.

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Some people suck, plain and simple. Sorry to hear you have an impediment but at times it must give you an advantage. Those that judge you on sound vs. content, quickly shows what kind of person they are.

14. Asia-Off-Grid

[ditto]

techsar and sec_monkey like this.
  15. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

It is what it is :) After the injury it was questionable whether I would ever be able to speak again, so I am good with it! LOL basically whacked the part of the brain that controls speech. Very much like someone who had a stroke and the speech problems many of those folks suffer from post stroke. LOL I went a bit over a year without saying a word.......... my wife often says she misses those days :)

SB21, Motomom34, Mountainman and 6 others like this.
  16. Mountainman

Nothing like the king of paranoia chiming in to discourage Monkeys from using this. Nothing is secure so just live with it. We used TS for 2 years and no one was taken away to GITMO. :D

techsar, Motomom34 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  17. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Pictures Sec going through 2000 or so VPNs to make each post ;)

techsar, Mountainman and sec_monkey like this.
  18. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[LMAO] [lolol]

techsar likes this.
  19. Asia-Off-Grid

Okay. I have to admit, I downloaded the app, installed it and ran it. Voice chat wasn't bad at all actually. Thanks to the guys I was talking with. You know who you are.

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Glad you joined. Hopefully someday we can say hello.

snake6264, techsar and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7