More LEOs behaving badly

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, May 14, 2012.

1. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It has ALWAY been my Policy to NOT converse with ANY LEO, while he is on Official Duty.... If he is NOT on Duty, then we MAY have a civil chat, but never about any ISSUES, locally....

3. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law... even if it's taken out of context.

Rancher

Mountainman likes this.
  4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

It all boils down to the Officer himself.. First I have been a Deputy 22 years and I don't believe in Unions how can you be a LEO and go on strike my only boss is my Sheriff and My community. I have always been the type if a person comes to me with a issue that they just want to talk about and as long as its not murder / rape / crimes against children what we talk about stays between me and that person. That's how you as an officer builds trust and a relationship with your community and as time goes on those relationships turn to friendships.. If I have to arrest a person I never think twice and I never make promises I cant keep. I am straight forward with the person and tell them if I tell them I will do something for them I do everything in my power to do it and if I can't I go and tell them why I couldn't. By being that way I have people other officers are looking for come and turn their self into me because they know I will tell them the truth and not let anyone treat them bad. Its not the job or the badge that determines a good or bad officer it is the man behind that badge and what he believes. I have told my Sheriff on several occasions I would turn my badge in before I did something that went against my beliefs or something that was unjust and unfair to my community. I can't tell you the last time someone has came into my office and called me officer or sergeant . They call me by my name I am very lucky I have a great community to serve and I depend on them just as much as the depend on me. All LEO's will not just follow the orders given if they are not just ones.

Yard Dart, Tully Mars, Brokor and 6 others like this.
  5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

And THAT AD is the very definition of "peace officer". Thanks.

6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

[salute]

Mountainman and kellory like this.
  7. BTPost

and after knowing Dog for a number of years, and conversing with him, on many Occasions, and on many Issues..... He is just as, He portrays himself..... One of the Good Guys, in the Law Enforcement Biz..... I would vote for him, for Sheriff, if he ran, and I lived in his County..... My Opinion, YMMV.....

chimo, Mountainman and kellory like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Unfortunately I think it is that way for every generation. My dad was a reserve where I started as an LEO so the old guy would let me ride with them. I learned from that. Most youngsters are put with the five year hard chargers who don't have enough time in to really get what it is they are doing, it is still an us them game. It takes 10 to 20 years for a guy to get to the its a job point and not a game you have to win.

Yard Dart, Pax Mentis and Mountainman like this.
  10. chimo

My dad was on the job. He was my FTO's FTO. When I came on the Chief was my Dad's FTO and the president of the union was one of my Dad's partners who I had known since I was just a little sht. The department was always more like family to me than a job. It was hard living up to my Dad's reputation, but having that legacy had a lot of perks too.

These days I know very few hands in the department and way too many of the current coppers don't seem to be a pimple on those old-timers asses.

Mountainman, BTPost and kellory like this.
  11. Brokor

Dirty, filthy, lying, illegal, militarized police.

“We Don’t Need a Warrant” — Cops Enter Home Through Window, Rip Infant From Mother’s Arms

Yes, he could have just opened the door like the cops said. But, he still would have had the very same situation in the end. You see, these cops want you to OBEY, and they want you to learn your place (under their heel), to lick their boots and be a good SLAVE. They "don't need a warrant" because they 'claim' somebody called in and reported a domestic dispute. But, from the first minute, both adults ordered the police to leave and return with a warrant. Listen to what these people say, pay attention. This couple uses phrases like, "where is your delegation of authority" and, "what's your probable cause?" The officer at the window said, "All we want is to talk to you alone, Stephanie, without him." They do this because they are 'trained' to assume the husband, or male figure is holding the female hostage. Typical brainwashing police receive. Pay attention! The woman (Stephanie) is more vocal than her husband, boyfriend, mate. Remember, you are all SLAVES to be commanded. All men are violent terrorists, and women are all victims to be protected by the men with shields. Also, all children are property of the state.

By the way, a month later, after getting out of jail, this couple still do not have their children back.

*I just want to add something* I, personally would have let them in, allowed them to separate me from my woman, obeyed and been respectful despite the fact that they are on private property without consent and without warrant. I would have done this to allow them to do their 'job' and get out as quickly as possible. Now, by taking this path, I would also know that I risk them twisting matters and attempting to find some cause to arrest and have child services kidnap the kids. But, that's a far better chance to take than resisting, even peacefully, protesting and having them come in by force with kids in the house. I also know the legal system is rigged in the favor of the police state, but once in a while it does serve the people, both here in America and in Canada.

But, these people were setup from the start. They never had a chance. You never do in a militarized police state.

12. BTPost

Always remember that the Police can "LIE" about anything, they want, to get you to comply.... If it was MY Place, I would be pointing a BIG A$$ed ShotGun Barrel at them, from inside the house, and I would tell them to stand out front, in the yard, and I would be out to talk to them, unless they had a "Warrant to Enter"... Then, only one of us, would leave the house, to talk to them, at a time, while the other one, covered them, from Inside the house, and We would NEVER grant consent, for them to enter the House, PERIOD. If we were arrested, our LawDawg would be in Court, Demanding the "Probable Cause" and if they said it was an "Anonymous Tip" he would Demand the Tape of the Call... If those things could NOT be produced, in Court, to the Judge, there would be a Suit in Federal District Court, so fast it would make their Head swim....

Brokor likes this.
  13. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

The days of the peace officer are long gone... Now it's storm troopers kicking in your door with the mentality of "comply or die" !

Mountainman and 3cyl like this.
  14. BTPost

$1.8M settlement for woman shot by SWAT in standoff
    Originally published May 13, 2016 at 2:09 pm Updated May 13, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Clark County and Vancouver, Wash., have agreed to pay $1.8 million to a woman who was shot by SWAT officers during a standoff in which officers were told she was armed only with a blank gun.

By Mike Carter

Seattle Times staff reporter

On a June afternoon in 2011, Mary Andison, the troubled 60-year-old wife of a Vancouver, Wash., OB/gyn, was depressed, intoxicated and in crisis. Her daughter, a newly minted registered nurse, called 911 for help.

Two hours later, Andison was in critical condition with a police sniper’s gunshot wound to her face and her leg maimed by a barrage of “nonlethal” rounds fired by officers after she lay wounded.

In that 120 minutes, what had begun as a family squabble turned into a siege. Two dozen officers, including members of the Southwest Washington Regional SWAT Team, surrounded the Andisons’ large rural ranch house, located on 20 acres outside Vancouver. An armored personnel carrier pulled into the driveway and a remotely controlled robot was sent into the home.

All of this for the threat posed by a despondent woman armed with a starter pistol that was incapable of firing a bullet — a fact the police knew from the outset, according to Police.

“This is the single most screwed-up police operation I have ever seen,” said the Andisons’ lawyer, Robert Wagner of Portland, who has spent 30 years defending police in civil-rights claims like the one the family filed following the shooting. “This was so badly handled and managed by law enforcement on so many levels, it is simply hard to believe.”

Officials with the city of Vancouver and Clark County have agreed to pay Andison and her husband, Dr. Bruce Andison, $1.8 million to dismiss their federal civil-rights lawsuit. It is one of the largest police use-of-force settlements ever in the state.

John Justice, an Olympia attorney who represented Clark County, said the county had no comment beyond the settlement agreement. He said none of the officers or deputies involved were disciplined.

The settlement was reached in late March after U.S. District Judge Ronald Leighton rejected the officers’ efforts to dismiss the case, writing “the use of force was clearly not warranted.”

Vancouver city officials declined to comment.

However, a motion passed by the Vancouver City Council approving the settlement stated the judge’s opinion “created a scenario in which there would be significant exposure for the City and its officers if the jury disagreed with any of the SWAT tactics used.”
    The city agreed to pay $900,000 — $300,000 of which was covered by the city’s insurer — which was combined with $900,000 from Clark County.

The Andisons declined to be interviewed for this story.

According to court documents, Mrs. Andison had been drinking and had gotten into an argument with her daughter before retreating to a “bonus” room above the home’s large attached garage. Chrissy Andison called 911 and reported her mother had a small blank pistol that she used to frighten birds from her garden.

The pistol looked real, except it had a red cap on the end of the barrel to indicate it was not a functioning firearm, according to the lawsuit.

Chrissy Andison called dispatchers back a few minutes later to say she had overreacted and that her mother was being “dramatic” and was “fine.” She said that her father was on his way home to deal with the situation.

Deputies were informed of this, but continued to the home anyway, according to reports.

One of the Clark County deputies, identified as Steven Shea, climbed the stairs inside the garage to the room. The key was in the door, and he found Mrs. Andison inside, sitting in a chair. According to Shea’s report, she showed him the gun, but did not point it at him.

Mrs. Andison reportedly told him, “This is a starter pistol. What are you going to do, shoot me?”

Shea said he backed out of the room and broadcast “GUN GUN GUN!” to warn his partner, even though he later said he noticed the barrel had “something red on the end of the barrel’ consistent with it being a nonfunctioning weapon.

Shea asked that the SWAT team be dispatched.

In court pleadings by lawyers for the county and city, Shea was described as being “incredibly frightened” and “crying for his life.” Judge Leighton, in his ruling, criticized those statements as hyperbole.

“The intent is apparently to portray the situation as dramatically as possible, but it doesn’t paint the deputy in a very professional light,” the judge wrote.
    Dr. Andison arrived, but was not allowed near the garage or to talk to his wife. He told officers there were no handguns in the home except for the starter pistol. He said his wife had two artificial knees and suffered from severe arthritis.

Another deputy, Tim Hockett, broadcast that he had heard a gunshot, although his statement was later discounted. That report was also broadcast, and the SWAT team was called out.

More than two dozen SWAT officers responded with an armored personnel carrier and a robot. The team was told by commanders that no crime had been committed and that Mary Andison was likely suicidal, according to court documents.

Over Dr. Andison’s repeated objections, officers used a grenade launcher to fire several “nonlethal rounds” — usually made of hard foam, rubber or wood — at the bonus-room door, hoping to “shatter it” despite the fact it wasn’t locked. Four additional rounds were fired through a window, spraying glass through the room, ostensibly so officers could use a camera to locate her inside the room.

That action, as Leighton later wrote, had the “not-unpredictable effect of flushing Andison out of the room.” When she appeared on the stairs with the gun, Vancouver Police Officer Ryan Junker, a sniper positioned inside the garage, shot her in the back of the head.

The bullet shattered her jaw, destroyed her ear canal and exited her face, according to Wagner, the attorney. Her medical bills topped $300,000, according to court records.
    Andison went down in a heap on the stairs, but officers could not see the gun and yelled at her to show her hands. When she didn’t comply, a team approached the stairs and “found her laying in a fetal position, with a massive head wound plainly visible.”

However, because she wasn’t following their commands, an officer was ordered to shoot her with “nonlethal” rounds, from a distance of about 10 feet. She was struck twice in the thigh, each round “causing a gaping, open wound.”

Andison spent weeks in the hospital, and Wagner, her attorney, said she suffered “significant facial deformation” from her wounds and is deaf in one ear.

Just a NOTE: This isn what happens when a small Town CopShop, really get into the TactiCool Police Business... More Equipment, than BRAINS, and not an Intelligent Office among them....

3cyl, Dont, ghrit and 1 other person like this.
  15. chimo

Had my own run-in with the cops this past week. Had to go up near Cleveland to attend the wake of my ex-sister-in-law (more for my niece and nephews than for any love I had for her). I always feel like I am entering "occupied territory" when I have to head up that way...cops everywhere waiting to pounce on you if you give them a reason.

Unfortunately I gave them a reason...it was rush hour so there was a lot of craziness on the on-ramps with people merging into the interstate and then swerving across multiple lanes to avoid the slow-pokes...so I merged into the hammer lane to avoid the carnage as much as possible. Saw a state highway patrol SUV with his butt sticking out of the median...looked like he was poised to go in the opposite direction, but as I approached I could see him trying to get turned around to come my way. I looked down at my speedometer and saw I was doing 70 or so...pretty much with the flow of traffic, but passing the folks next to me slowly. Since there was nobody ahead of me in my lane for a piece, I figured he was coming after me, so I merged over back to the right and slowed up to see if he was indeed coming for me or going for someone else.

Sure enough, after a bit of trouble getting himself into traffic (endangering a few folks himself, no doubt) he came screaming up and got in behind me with his lights on. No biggie, I pulled over to a nice, fairly debris-free- area on the right shoulder, rolled down my window and got my registration and insurance card from my visor as I waited for him to walk up. I was kinda surprised when he knocked on my passenger side door...shouldn't have been...only and idiot would come up on the driver's side with traffic flying by at 60+, but I hadn't been pulled over in so long I just kinda expected him on the driver's side.

I'm in a cargo van, so to unlock the passenger side door I had to get out of my seatbelt. I unlocked the door and he told me that he had pulled me over for speeding and not wearing my seatbelt, but that that he'd just give me a warning for the speed, and would only write me for the seatbelt. He asked if I knew how fast I was going and I said "I dunno, somewhere between 65 and 70, so which he replied "76 in a 60". I nodded and mumbled "okay" as he took my license and other paperwork back to his suv to run a check on me and write the ticket. That's when the light bulb came on in my head "did he say not wearing my seat belt?" I coulda swore that I had just taken off my seatbelt to unlock the passenger door for him!

Now the smart move would have been to just keep my mouth shut, take the ticket and continue on my way...but noooo, when he returned I had to ask "uh, officer, didn't you see me unbuckle my seatbelt to unlock the door for you?". That pissed him off...he said "you are wearing a dark shirt and your seatbelt is tan, why don't you just admit you were not wearing your seatbelt?" I said" no, I am not admitting any such thing, since I know I was wearing my seatbelt", to which he replied "fine, I guess I'll go back and write you that speeding ticket on top of the seatbelt ticket too!"...and he did.

I feel like the victim of extortion...he used the prospect of a speeding ticket...which puts points on your license and increases your insurance rates, in order to get me to accept a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt...which I was not guilty of...then when I questioned him he got all butt hurt and wrote me both tickets.

Oh I am pleading not guilty to all, of course...then will ask for any video, audio and radar calibration records, as well as his training records, via discovery, then hopefully come to some kind of deal with the prosecutor, which would be to both our advantage...but barring that, I will take my chances in front of the judge, banking on easy reasonable doubt as far as the seatbelt is concerned and the fact that cops rarely show up for court on these things.

Morals of the story:

1. Mind your P's and Q's in occupied territory.
    2. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the same as doing the smart thing...or the less expensive thing.

16. Brokor

Body Cam Released of Cop Who Murdered Man as He Begged for His Life | The Daily Liberator

Body Cam Released of Cop Who Murdered Man as He Begged for His Life

Phoenix, AZ — In March, Mesa Police Officer Philip Brailsford was charged with the second-degree murder for gunning down Daniel Shaver, an innocent husband, and father of two. The shooting was captured on his body cam, part of which was released on Tuesday.

Despite the damning evidence against him, showing that he murdered an innocent man in cold blood, officer Brailsford is facing a maximum sentence of only 3.75 years.

“It’s unfortunate that the Mesa PD cover-up continues,” Sweet said in a statement to the NY Post. “My husband was brutally murdered while he begged for his life. Redacting the evidence won’t change the facts.”

If you’d like to ask the Maricopa Court why they bothered releasing the video that does not show the murder, you can do so here.

17. BTPost

Tool Box Arsenal. It had to be England.
    May 27, 2016

tool-box-arsenal.

A haul of weapons and more than £30,000 in cash were seized by police in a major drugs bust this morning.Seven men and two women, aged from 18 to 56, were arrested in a series of dawn raids targeting drug dealing in the Thamesmead area.Weapons including knives, a screwdriver and a large hammer were discovered, alongside a kilo of Class A drugs and two carrier bags of cannabis.

Source: Police seize weapons and £30,000 in cash during major drugs sting | Crime | News | London Evening Standard

They have gone from Rule Britannia to Quivering Limey Bitches. What else can you say when the contents of the average kitchen drawer are now considered an arsenal?

Apparently the Brits are just as STUPID as our own Police, when it comes to "Weapons"....

Dont likes this.
  18. Brokor

Ganado likes this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It does not say where this took place and all the links to the links in the linked article are page not found.

20. Brokor

That's because you didn't actually do any searching: Search WCPO News
    From the local news. Cincinnati, Ohio.
    The website used for sourcing the story probably has a shitty archive. Not good link material. Just go there and perform a search, like I did. Search Results for “zachary goldson” – News Democrat

Done! ;)

Here's the link to the video, and the 96 seconds the cops *could* have used to hang him. But, given the looks of this guy, well...he *could* have killed himself. However, everything you hear by the media is NOT necessarily the truth.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7