Multicam from Crye-Precision

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 6, 2005.

1. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Quig, good to see you here also. TLynn, there is no translation. All I can say is that I helped Melbo with his first NV and I think I created a monster! Haven't had much time lately as I have moved into my new house and currently am building racks inside my gun vault. Decided to sell a bunch of my Survival equipment off as the BO plan is no longer a option. Going to put a lot of survival stuff up for sale, so my loss, y'alls gain! Good thing is that we now have a place to do it!

2. sniper-66

I won't deploy until next spring, but the training issues are starting, gotta go to Ft. Hood for two weeks in September and then a promotion school in January. Starting to get really busy!
    As for the A3 upper?..... Uh sure, send it on. You will have to refresh my memory, don't remember a A3 deal, but will always take gun parts!!!

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sale......... :p Survival stuff.................. b:: I do believe you have come to the right place.

I have a cousin at Ft. Hood.

4. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Okay so can this be tactical/survival gear teaching 101 for people like me?

I am not a soldier (though I get to see the after affects of what war does to soldiers on a daily basis). I know nothing of tactics or hiding (though I can get around if I have to in the woods or high country desert).

In other words - I have no preconceived notion of what one is supposed to do (but I've got some good ideas of what one shouldn't probably do - after seeing a few idiots out there in real life).

On that note - I would just like to know the simple stuff. I think all the high tech stuff would be wasted on me (like I tell people I'm a bolt action gal in a semi-auto rifle world).

5. sniper-66

TLynn, the best way to learn how to move is go out in the woods and stalk animals. If you can sneak up on a deer or birds, then you can get away from people. Concealment is the key and move slower than your body tells you to. Animals and humans detect movement first. How many times do you see something out of the corner of your eye and you turn to see what it is. Your brain registered movement and wanted to know what it was. One of the best books if you want to read about movement is "Ultimate Sniper" by John Plaster. Outstanding book on camoflage, movement, and general/expert shooting. You may be a bolt action girl in a semi auto world, but if you know camoflage, movement, and proper engagement techniques, then you can be a sniper girl in a semi auto idiot world. Remember, quantitiy doesn't always outweigh quality. Otherwise, ask away and I am sure you will get a bevy of answers on this forum.

6. E.L.

I have the video. It also contains the first ever video interview with the late Carlos Hathcock. Really good video.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Plaster also wrote a few book on his days with SOG.. Good reads an US is a great reference manual on movement. Even if you arent a sniper like Sniper :D

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I actually posted a reply to this yesterday - lord knows where it went.

Basically I said thank you sniper-66 I'll check into the book. And while it's been some time since I tried to be silent in the woods it should be interesting to try again.

melbo - thanks for the information as well.

9. sniper-66

TLynn, you are most welcome, glad I could help and hope it helps! Another tip is to go Bow hunting with a good bow hunter. How do you tell the difference? A good Bow hunter brings meat home!

10. E.L.

back to the vest, where r the pics Melbeaux?

11. Rooster

Rooster Monkey+++ Founding Member

12. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

13. E.L.

Melbo, every get any pics of the vest loaded?

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Never loaded the Vest. I have to finish some other Nylon projects before I move to another.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7