My Mom Passed Away This Afternoon

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Jan 10, 2016.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Again, thank you, one and all.

The rest of our family that will be attending arrived today. Things kick off tomorrow at 5pm, go until 9pm, then on Saturday from 8am until service at 10:30am, burial following the service.

Things are going very well.

Kajun

Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  2. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Our hearts and prayers will be with you, @TXKajun.

3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

We are back at our home in SE NM. We spent a full week in SE LA. Things could not have gone any better. My brother in Tucson (with whom our Mother lived for the last 8 years) made all the arrangements. Mom had prepaid for her funeral and it just so happened the funeral home in Tucson was an affiliate of the funeral home in SW LA. The viewing was last Friday and funeral was Saturday. Sad time.

Sweetie and I had some wonderful Cajun food and some great seafood. The trip over and back went smoothly.

Life goes on. I am doing ok, so is Sweetie. It's going to take a bit of time for it all to settle down inside me, but overall I'm doing good.

Thanks for all the warm wishes.

Kajun & Sweetie

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glad to hear you are adjusting to the changes in your life. It is an undeniable sadness that marks this turning point in our lives but I hope you know that friends and family send you wishes for strength even if we can't lessen the burden.

Gator 45/70 and pearlselby like this.
  5. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I am very glad you are home and well, @TXKajun. Prayers.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7