Need Help Discouraging Strangers

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You're kind of scary.

Brokor likes this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

:lol:

Brokor and Ganado like this.
  3. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Moto needs some of the monkeys to camp out in her yard. We could take care of business without much hassle. Moto call us if you need us

4. GhettoPass

GhettoPass Monkey+

Sprinkler System.

One head sweeps the vehicles and children during end of school day. One sweeps your driveway via a signal from a key chain garage door opener size devise. For those any hour of the day visitors.

People hate getting wet.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That's a Western thing. I remember sprinkler systems as a kid living out in Nevada. Up in the northeast, hard to find because the ground freezes every year. Still, it's a great thing to have in warmer climates, if not for the deterrent factor, for the summer fun!!! Plus, fill a water tank with fake blood and you can make it rain death! haha no, j/k that was for Motomom. ;)

Ganado, Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  6. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

hahaha growing up in a row home in philly i seen this back fire miserably on a older man >>
    We would run across peoples lawns playing in the city an one old man decided he was gonna spray one kid with his garden hose... next thing he knew there were ten kids on his front lawn in bathing suits wanting to be squirted>>>>ahhh memories

7. GhettoPass

GhettoPass Monkey+

We had them in Minnesota. They used a tough hose material (rather than PVC) and drained system in the Fall with compressed air.

Brokor likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I once killed a nice big fat Cottonmouth and brought it home, Stretched it out across the sidewalk with its head in the grass.
    You would be surprised how far kids can jump with a little visual stimulus!

Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Cute prank, but remember, even dead poisonous snakes can still kill you. Kids do not always take that caution to heart. [contract]

10. Tully Mars

WAHAHAHAHA I killed one yesterday beside the house. I looked outside and three of the barn cats had something cornered but weren't in too big of a hurry to close in.. Looking closer I saw the snake. Got the 870 then pitched the snake into the creek as a warning to his cousins to move along..;)

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I'll bet the turtles enjoyed the treat.

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Tough, Wasn't a prank, Its a message to keep your butt's out of my yard, It worked.
    Mother Nature can be your friend.

13. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Once worked at a Sand Pit that also served as extra income to the owner for paid fishing rights by others. Had a Pit Bull (was the owners but mine anyway) I kept company with and with me as I made my rounds to check for "Non Pays". That dog would make one specific growl and then lunge into the brush. Stay out of the way, for the next thing you'd see was Cotton Mouth with a broken back being thrown on the path! I guess he could smell them and he never missed.

14. Tully Mars

We had a "mutt" dog on the ranch when I was a kid that was the same way with rattlers. He'd dive into the sagebrush and come out with a rattler.

Gator 45/70, kellory and Ganado like this.
  15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Good traits in dogs.:)

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

If I may add, There is a certain physiological effect on a certain populace concerning a Grande Serpent in ones front yard...and I'll leave it at that.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Tully Mars

This is the second one this spring I've shot. I haven't mowed down by the creek this year because of all the rain and I'm wondering if between those two things that isn't the reason I've seen a couple up here. Never have before. The turtles migrate in between the upper and lower ponds. Not uncommon to see a couple making the trek across the grounds. Have to warn the Grandson NOT to mess with the turtles in the yard..

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

New signs to accompany no trespassing signs...
    uploadfromtaptalk1429321127225. uploadfromtaptalk1429321134202.

19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I agree that signage, fencing, and cameras will most likely only deter snoopers/busybodies. Real threats will only be deterred by something hard, of the metal/wood/stone variety. The only break-ins that have happened(one was just last Tuesday) in our neighborhood is apparently locals, since they watch and only go in when they know the owner's away. Of course offensive tools are necessary, because you don't wanna take chances relying on their 'friendliness'.

20. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

This is their view from the street before entering my place..lol

GSD.

1. Ganado
  2. oldman11
  3. deMolay
  4. HK_User
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Motomom34
  8. BelBol