New Hampshire Legislation... TSA will be in trouble...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BTPost, Mar 1, 2011.

1. tsneds

tsneds Monkey++

Everytime anything happens like this and it is done by a government entity you get the standard response of "this was an isolated case of bad judgment.” But when a citizen does something crazy they try to make a trend out of it,what double standards!!!!!

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

OK looks at criminalizing TSA Pat-downs.....

Lawmaker wants to criminalize ‘intrusive’ searches by airport screeners

Published: Saturday, June 18, 2011 By Charles Crumm For the Daily Tribune

An Oakland County lawmaker is taking aim at the Transportation Security Administration and how its agents perform airport passenger security checks.

State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to make it a misdemeanor for any TSA employee to “conduct an intrusive, personal search on citizens without reasonable cause.”

The legislation introduced Thursday by McMillin was referred to the state House Judiciary Committee.

McMillin referenced a recent incident at Detroit Metropolitan Airport “where a 29-year-old special needs passenger was subject to an allegedly intrusive search.”

“The federal government is not God,” McMillin said Friday. “It doesn’t get to decide what it can do to our citizens. This is one law that needs to be in place.”

McMillin’s bill says TSA screeners “shall not intentionally touch the clothed or unclothed breast, genitalia, buttocks or anus of that other individual except upon reasonable cause to believe that the individual may be concealing an item that is prohibited on that public property or on that mode of public transportation.”

Under McMillin’s bill, a first offense could draw a penalty of up to 93 days in jail, a $500 fine, or both.

McMillin said he patterned the bill after similar legislation in Texas. In Texas, the state House approved it but the state Senate rejected it after the U.S. Attorney’s Office wrote that such a law would conflict with federal law and criminalize searches required under federal regulations, and that TSA would likely be required to cancel flights if it couldn’t ensure the safety of passengers and crew.

The TSA was formed after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in 2001 to “strengthen the security of the nation’s transportation systems while ensuring the freedom of movement for people and commerce,” the TSA website says.

But the federal agency has been criticized for its pat-down searches, chosen by travelers who are uncomfortable with TSA’s use of advanced imaging technology to screen passengers.
    “My wife just traveled with our kids,” McMillin said. “We had to make the decision. We were nervous about them groping our children.

“I think there is an interest in the state in standing up for our citizens,” he said. “As we keep hearing about the problems throughout the nation, it’s a good safeguard.”

TSA screeners are most visible in commercial airports like Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport in Romulus and Bishop Airport in Flint.

At general aviation airports like Oakland County International Airport in Waterford Township, the TSA has no screeners, said J. David VanderVeen, Oakland County’s director of central services, which oversees the airport.

VanderVeen most recently was appointed by Gov. Rick Snyder to the Michigan Aeronautics Commission.

“I’m not sure the state Legislature can preempt federal rules,” VanderVeen said of McMillin’s legislation.

Most flights in and out of the local county airport are smaller private, corporate or charter flights.

“We’ve had some contacts with TSA, but they’re not stationed on the airport,” he said. “Our contact has been along the lines of security, the cameras and fences, and meeting the current federal standards.”

U.S. Customs and border patrol agents screen incoming international flights, he said.

“General aviation has an advantage in that the pilot knows the manifest, he knows everyone on the airplane,” VanderVeen said.

3. BTPost

The TSAs Big Cheeze got grilled by a Congressional Committee today. I hope to get to see this on C-span, but I missed the live broadcast. He had his backsides whacked pretty hard on the "Patting down of Children, Babies, and the Elderly" and stated that "a Policy Change would be coming Soon"... and a few of the Congress-Critters were very specific, in the language and criticisms of the Policy as it stands, NOW. Big Sis is starting to feel the HEAT.... but it needs to be kept on HER, and the TSA in particular... and Hold their Feet to the Fire of Public Dissatisfaction with what they are doing, NOW.... ..... YMMV....

4. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

there is no reason for the socalled security system that we have right now ..

belive me before you have gotton to the airport and board the plane there so much info on you allready from the internet search for your plane ticket to hotel search and booking to car rental useing your driver's lics and credit card ..all they have to do is scan the socall passegener list for someone name and check there and do a background check before the people get on the plane ..

since you have to use a credit card to buy your ticket now because most place will not take cash money or if they pay in cash mark there ticket to be checked with a code on the airline ticket to get a better look at the person ..

profile people who think is going to be a problem like guys who have middle eastern names or people who do not fit the profile and then search them ..

but the system we have now is not working ..

BTPost and Brokor like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Oh, but sure it is! (sarcasm) [yack]
    The very same people who watch FOX news and CNN daily and believe what they see, the same type who read their morning paper and schedule their next racquetball with their lawyer --these people TRUST their government. The same people who devoutly believe the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Africa, --you know what, let's just stop there for sake of argument...these same people who think it's all necessary because the "evil terrorists" are out to get them, THEY are responsible, too. Every time a baby is fondled, each hand down the pants and TSA breast exam equals one more chance we will have more people awakened to the reality of this nightmare police state --but the decadent and the complacent servants to government will always TRUST their masters, nevertheless.

It continues to happen because people let it happen. I am with you on this, hank: it's not working, the system is clearly just an organized mafia.

Mountainman and hank2222 like this.
  6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Can't post the video here, but search "carlos mencia tsa", very funny.

Brokor likes this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Get some real Conservatives into the Senate, and Big Sis will get politically 'bi#@^ slapped' and told her place.
    With the current illegal regime in power, we ust get more of the same...... :rolleyes:

8. BTPost

TSA at it, AGAIN......

Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search

June 25, 2011 12:41:00 PM

LAUREN SAGE REINLIE / Florida Freedom Newspapers

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.
    Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.
    Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.
    “It’s something I couldn’t imagine happening on American soil,” Weber said Friday. “Here is my mother, 95 years old, 105 pounds, barely able to stand, and then this.”
    Sari Koshetz, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration in Miami, said she could not comment on specific cases to protect the privacy of those involved.
    “The TSA works with passengers to resolve any security alarms in a respectful and sensitive manner,” she said.
    Weber’s mother entered the airport’s security checkpoint in a wheelchair because she was not stable enough to walk through, Weber said.
    Wheelchairs trigger certain protocols, including pat-downs and possible swabbing for explosives, Koshetz said.
    “During any part of the process, if there is an alarm, then we have to resolve that alarm,” she said.
    Weber said she did not know whether her mother had triggered an alarm during the 45 minutes they were detained.
    She said her mother was first pulled aside into a glass-partitioned area and patted down. Then she was taken to another room to protect her privacy during a more extensive search, Weber said.
    Weber said she sat outside the room during the search.
    She said security personnel then came out and told her they would need for her mother to remove her Depends diaper because it was soiled and was impeding their search.
    Weber wheeled her mother into a bathroom, removed her diaper and returned. Her mother did not have another clean diaper with her, Weber said.
    Weber said she wished there were less invasive search methods for an elderly person who is unable to walk through security gates.
    “I don’t understand why they have to put them through that kind of procedure,” she said.
    Koshetz said the procedures are the same for everyone to ensure national security.
    “TSA cannot exempt any group from screening because we know from intelligence that there are terrorists out there that would then exploit that vulnerability,” she said.
    Weber filed a complaint through Northwest Florida Regional’s website. She said she received a response from a Homeland Security representative at the airport on Tuesday and spoke to that person on the phone Wednesday.
    The representative told her that personnel had followed procedures during the search, Weber said.
    “Then I thought, if you’re just following rules and regulations, then the rules and regulations need to be changed,” she said.
    Weber said she plans to file additional complaints next week.
    “I’m not one to make waves, but dadgummit, this is wrong. People need to know. Next time it could be you.”

9. Seawolf1090

Heck, I been rethinking this whole deal.........

Maybe I should show up for the flight wearing a Brazilian thong, a mesh Wife-beater shirt and flipflops....... They can see all 350+ pounds of me.........

I'll likely be told to never fly again......... [LMAO]b::[flag]

hank2222 likes this.
  10. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Or they are thinking that your on your way to a Gay pride parade ..

Mountainman likes this.
  11. Seawolf1090

I'll just tell them I'm "BATF"........ [beer]

hank2222 likes this.
  12. BTPost

TSA wagon their best behavior....

Well, Momma, I, and two GrandKids made a very quick and UNEventful passage thru TSA at SeaTac Airport. I was prepared for a FULL BLOWN confrontation, but the whole thing took less than 10 minutes. If you have small children, they have a different line for them, and they basically passed them straight thru. Both Momma and I do beep, but the Agent just Waved us thru and just did a very cursory pat-down. I have no idea why were got the treatment that we did, but I am very HAPPY we had a good experience.... ...... YMMV.......

13. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Broker, Ill stand with you any time. It might just be time to throw them all out. End the Fed, Long live the Republic. [gun][freedom][wannamesswitme] KF

14. BTPost

TSA Agent caught Stealing from Baggage......

TSA Agent Caught With Passenger's iPad in His Pants; Allegedly Took $50,000 in Other Goods, Cops Say

By Matthew Hendley Thu., Jul. 7 2011 at 3:29 PM Comments (580)

​While most Transportation Security Administration employees are busy groping people or taking naked pictures of them, the cops say one of those employees was putting fliers' electronics down his pants.

The Broward Sheriff's Office says 30-year-old Nelson Santiago stole around $50,000 worth of electronics over the past six months from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport's Terminal 1.

Santiago -- a TSA officer since 2009 -- was caught earlier this week by a Continental Airlines employee taking an iPad out of someone's luggage and stuffing it into his pants, the cops say.

After being arrested Monday on two counts of grand theft, police say Santiago admitted to stealing computers, GPS devices, video cameras, and other electronic merchandise from luggage he was supposed to be screening.

The cops say Santiago would immediately take pictures of his new goods and upload the photos online to sell the stuff.

Santiago would typically sell the stolen goods to people before his shift was even over, police say.

BSO detectives estimate that Santiago's haul totaled $50,000 over the past six months.

The cops are looking for people whose stuff has been stolen, although they say the chances of getting the stuff back are slim.

Santiago was released from jail on bond, although police say more charges against him are pending.

According to police, Santiago no longer works with the TSA.

Duh, and why did it take six months to catch this Federal TSA Agent? Inquiring Minds want to know?

15. BTPost

TSA has some really Bu**Head Rules for FireArm Transport

As you may know, Momma and I are traveling down here in the FlatLands. When I travel, I ALWAYS travel with a FireArm, and my Carry Knife, in my baggage. This REQUIRES a special TSA Inspection of that piece of Baggage, which I DO NOT object to. I have been traveling with this same rig for more than 30 years, in the same Locked Case, in the same Bag. Never had a problem, in 30 years of it being inspected, UNTIL Wed, morning, leaving Austin, Tx. for SaltLake City. Mostly the TSA just want to see that the weapon is UNLOADED, and the case is LOCKED. HOWEVER, when this young Kid, notices that the two Browning HiPower Magazines were full of cartridges, said that they were "Loaded" and that I could NOT fly with them in that condition. I asked to speak to a supervisor. A little fat 3 Striper Lady shows up after a few minutes, and says that "The weapon is LOADED" and I point out to her that the weapon is NOT LOADED, but the Magazines are Loaded, which is NOT the same thing. She then calls for the next higher Supervisor, and THREE Plain Clothes Dudes show up and inspect the case and issue. Two stay in the background, and the Senior One does all the talking. We go thru the same spiel with the Loaded/Unloaded deal, and finally he says, TSA has a RULE, that says Loaded Magazines must be in APPROVED Carriers, or be unloaded.
    I ask when was this Rule instituted, because I have traveled with this same Rig for 30 Years, and it has been inspected by TSA, 4 times on this trip alone, and NEVER has this been an ISSUE, before. He gets all Huffy, and says that is the case, HERE, and it can't Fly as is. I ask for a specific Site of this Rule, and when was it published in the Federal Register? He gets even Huffier, and says that is the deal, but I CAN BE IN COMPLIANCE if I remove the cartridges from the Magazines, and put them in the BOX of 50 that is also in the Case. I tell him the Box is Full, and there is NO ROOM for these, in there. He asks if I have a car at the Airport. I tell him, I am from Alaska, have no car here, and can NOT wait to leave his State, ASAP. He then states that if I will surrender the said 26 Cartridges to the Austin Police Department, I can proceed. I tell him that would be acceptable, IF I get a SIGNED Receipt for them. He gets on his radio and proceeds to have a 20 minute conversation with someone, and finally an Austin LEO shows up with a Receipt that he fills out, and takes Possession of the said ammo, which I have to unload, as the TSA Guys say they are forbidden, to touch any Weapon. This all takes about 45 minutes. Lucky Momma and I were there, plenty early for our flight. So I lock up the case, asked for, and received the Business Card from the Head TSA Guy. The Cop is just smiling his A** off, and after I was away from the TSA Place, He asked me about the ammo, since it was obviously Hand Loaded, and Hollow Pointed Loads. I gave him a quick rundown, and told him, to enjoy firing them at his next Range Qualifications. He said that was the first time he had ever heard of such a stupid RULE, and I shook his hand, and departed to go, with Momma, for Breakfast, before boarding the flight. I think Texas is just a bit to close to the INFERNAL Reaches, for my taste..... .... YMMV..... and hopefully so.....

hank2222 likes this.
  16. Mountainman

Funny how this happened in TX. The state that had the balls, at one time, to try and throw the TSA out and then political and .goob cold water came in and something shriveled up.

17. Seawolf1090

Texas is funny sometimes. Just when you think they are the bastion of Liberty, some idiot whose hat size is greater than their IQ throws you a curve! [dunno]

18. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

I carry a Two side ID card set up that seams to get there socalled knowage of how and why i can carry it ..Along with carrying three sets of print out's of the paperwork of the tsa and airline website's about traveling with a firearm along the Federal law that our Congress inacted stating that all retired LEO's can pack legally under the new Federal law ..

I have a hardshell plastic case i found when i was in the miltiary it holds about a week's worth of clothing and access and it the perfect size to travel with a handgun and it accessories items on the lid area in it padded storage area..

Just unsnap the lid binding straps and the padded part comes down to rest of top of the cloths and that way they can check it all they want ..The ammo rides in a mtm ammo box and a ziplock plastic bag in the bottom of the case and the cloths are on top of them ..

So far i have not had a problem when i have gone through the checkpoint's but most time i drive instead of fly if it close enough so not to have to deal with the TSA and there BS when flying

19. BTPost

TSA Lied to Lawmakers: Still Conducting Pat Downs on ChildrenFederal agency is still conducting hand searches of young children despite claiming they were eliminated last year

Paul Joseph Watson 
Infowars.com
 Monday, July 11, 2011

TSA head John Pistole has been caught brazenly lying to the American people yet again, after the TSA openly violated its own policy on child pat downs in the case of a six-year-old boy traveling to Disneyland who became upset after being hand-searched by TSA screeners.
    The TSA first announced that it had “eliminated pat downs for children under 12″ in November last year.
    “We’ve heard the concerns that have been expressed and agree that children under 12 should not receive that pat-down,” Pistole said on NBC’s “Today Show” almost eight months ago.
    Despite this supposed change in policy, the TSA continued to flagrantly violate its own rules and conduct pat downs of young children, including Anna Drexel, of Bowling Green, Ky., who was subjected to a full grope down by a TSA agent in early April. The TSA also defended the actions of two of it’s agents who were photographed conducting a full body pat down on an eight-month old baby at Kansas City International Airport in May, saying they were adhering to procedure.
    Having already announced and then violated its own policy change on numerous occasions, the TSA then repeated the same ploy at the height of the pat down controversy in Texas, in an effort to derail momentum that was building behind a bill that would have outlawed invasive screening methods conducted throughout the state.
    During a June 22 Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, Pistole told lawmakers, “We have changed the policy to say that there’ll be repeated efforts made to resolve that without a pat-down,” adding that the policy would apply to under-12′s.
    However, within 24 hours this rule change was already being violated, after a six-year-old boy was hand-searched twice at Washington SeaTac airport. The boy was en-route to Disneyland with his family when he was pulled out of line for a pat down, with TSA agents justifying the search due to their concerns about his handheld video console, which had already passed through x-ray screening.

“They just treated him like he’s a terrorist- he’s a six year old boy,’ his father Alex Long told King5 News. Immediately after the pat down, the boy started crying and told his mother Jenine Michaelis that he didn’t want to go to Disneyland anymore. Michaelis was unsure how to react given that they had taught the child to be wary of strangers touching his body.
    “We all talk to our kids about improper touching – somebody shouldn’t touch you unless you want to be touched,” Michaelis said.
    “We didn’t have any time to talk to him about what they were really doing.”
    TSA chief John Pistole has now publicly lied to the American people on two separate occasions just on this issue alone. The second instance occurred in front of elected Senators.
    At the very least he should be immediately stripped of his job, but Pistole should also face felony charges for lying to lawmakers.
    Major League Baseball player Roger Clemens is currently on trial for perjury, false statements and obstruction of Congress after he lied to lawmakers about using steroids. Clemens lied about using drugs, whereas Pistole, who should be held to a higher standard, lied about a federal policy that affects all Americans.
    Pistole has clearly deceived the American people on at least two manifestly provable occasions. After telling lawmakers twice that child pat downs had been eliminated, the TSA is still carrying on the practice. Like Clemens, Pistole should be facing charges of perjury, false statements and obstruction of Congress.

When are WE going to STOP this Rogue Agency, and put an END to this BS once and for ALL??? You decide, and call your CongressCritters....

Sapper John likes this.
  20. Mountainman

Had this on another post and it also applies here:

"Aren't the idiots in .goob amazing??? They do things that we would spend years in prison for and not a damn thing happens to them. They better pray that the people don't get fed up with it and take this country back, paybacks are a bitch.....about 50 cents each!!!"

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7