New Survival Location

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Sojourn, Oct 24, 2019.

1. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I concur with the range card practice, but I would also encourage you to walk your property and public areas around your property to get a lay of the land. It will help you find potential weak spots in your perimeter, E&E rally points, cache spots, game trails, etc... , plus it can help you spot potential criminal activity in your area.

At two different places I've lived, I have found illegal activity just inside the treeline on my property. One was a meth cooking camp that the local sheriff department reluctantly cleaned up after I notified them (they didn't want to pay for cleanup, but the local news asked about their efforts in evidence collection). The other was an old shack that was a haven for teens drinking or smoking weed, but it morphed into a stash place for stolen tools from local farms. Technically it was not on my property, but I tore it down any way and hauled off the sheet metal after I returned the tool to my neighbors.

Yard Dart and Mountainman like this.
  1. Yad Tsalach
  2. TnAndy
  3. Gafarmboy
  4. duane
  5. Dunerunner
  6. TnAndy
  7. ditch witch
  8. TnAndy
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Ganado
  11. martha_mill