New Vacuum sealer

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by RJFab, Nov 25, 2022.

1. RJFab

RJFab Monkey

Finally had a chance to break in the new vacuum sealer today. Ran it through the gamut. Beans and rice to more delicate items, to frozen and wet. Handled it all pretty well. Now we'll just have to see how the longevity is

Bought this one because it rates good for all those things and was the best at sous vide. Should work out well for when the wife and I are toolin around in the RV.

[​IMG]

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70, GOG and 2 others like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Works great for emergency clothes too. I keep a full change of clothes behind the seat, sucked down to the size of a composition book. The wrinkles will never come out of them though.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My old Food Saver is giving me issues and I'm tired of the engineered in failure rate of these machines. I'm currently on machine #5 in as many years. I have replaced parts and sealing strips and it's time for an upgrade to one with more reliability and life expectancy.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

If or when you would need them, no one will care about the wrinkles, not even you.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

So true. Used a pack once after falling into the waterway. Could have cared less about wrinkles that day.

My neighbor just bought a commercial unit, about 12" square inside. It pulls the vacuum and then seals the bag and lets the air back into the chamber. As soon as my bags run out I will be getting one too. You can even seal a bag of water with it, something I can't do with my seal-a-meal.

370W Digital Vacuum Packing Sealing Machine Chamber Sealer Chamber Packaging | eBay

6. RJFab

RJFab Monkey

I'm going to give this a go later today. We keep a set of "warmer" clothes in bags in our cars during winter. I like the idea of cutting down on space.

7. RJFab

RJFab Monkey

Anyone ever used freezer bags? Watched this tube and testing it out. See how long they hold.

8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

By the way, save those mylar potato chip bags! Wash, dry and they make good vac seal bags, just reduce the seal time. I also used them one year to wrap Christmas gifts in . Small gifts with some paper filler and just use the seal feature. The look on their faces!

9. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

[LMAO]

Dunerunner and duane like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have an old food saver from academy
    Probably 10 years old
    Still going strong

11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Same here my Food Saver is on its last legs looking for one that you don't have to worry about moisture

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. RJFab

RJFab Monkey

the wife and I just p****d ourselves..that is brilliant!!

CraftyMofo likes this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. JC Refuge
  3. JC Refuge
  4. JC Refuge
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 1, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 1, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. duane
  8. TnAndy
  9. john316
  10. DKR
  11. DKR
  12. apache235
  13. Ganado
  14. alaskachick
  15. Motomom34
  16. Bandit99
  17. Asia-Off-Grid
  18. oldman11