Next Thing to Do?

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Hispeedal2, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Well, we are established here in AZ. We already have some experimental tomato plants hung. We are starting to renew the pantry (all my stuff was in storage over this last deployment... food stocks were gone as my wife moved in with family). My reloading equipment is nearly set up. Since I am in a temporary rental, I am trying to keep everything fairly mobile as we decide what to do next. I am thinking of some container gardening to at least supplement our food stocks. This will also enable me to move the entire garden when we find a suitable place to buy.

Anyone have any other ideas for a non-permanent set up?

Motomom34 and sarawolf like this.
  2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

In the past i've rented garden space for loal farmers to put in a garden when i was in your shoes... I've either paid a rental fee or split the garden produce with a guaranteed amt to protect the farmer... additional storage can be had by using a storage facility... preferably one with a environmental system to keep stored foods at a constant temperature... alternately use 20mm ammo cans to store food in and place them in the crawl space under your house... just a few thoughts...

3. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

well I am a few years late but wen i lived in Philly ...people would rent sections of the cemitary to plant gardens ....

there was a large area not near the graves were a whole bunch of people did this ...

4. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

Good luck with the vegys, we're hopeing to get root crops in inside of the next 2 weeks. Supposed to be another freeze or 2 here this week.

1. Thunder5Ranch
  2. john316
  3. Motomom34
  4. T. Riley
  5. HK_User
  6. Motomom34
  7. hot diggity
  8. DarkLight
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Zimmy