1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Nontypical but insightful Items in your storage

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Alpine Storm, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Alpine Storm

Alpine Storm Monkey++

Because I am not a big believer in "bugging out" I am making my home the primary shelter in case of a mid length crisis. By placing Sandbags in key locations in my house I can have a safe place to sleep as well as stations for defensive shooting.

What's in your stash that is unique?
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

Non-electrical bullet casting gear.
    Fitted tarps/blankets to cover all doors & windows inside - think "Light Discipline"! Hooks already in place above and beside each opening.
  3. Alpine Storm

Alpine Storm Monkey++

I know this may be a dumb question to you, but what is Lite Discipline?
  4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

"Light Discipline" - my guess would be blocking out your windows so at night no light escapes. If someone see's a light coming from a house they will know it's occupied - they have a source of at least light and possibly other power sources and heat sources (if winter time).

Just my guess.
  5. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Marksmen hides
    A few well placed vents for the crawl space can do wonders for defense
  6. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

I was thinking about this to day and decided I needed to add some fly swatters.
    The oddest thing I have in my preps is hot and cold running water. See photo.
    Click on the photo to see a big one.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

Re. "Light Discipline" - yep - when the MZB's are roaming, you do not want to show that you have power and they don't! Don't make yourself a target.
    Just like, Don't run a loud generator, alerting all & sundry that they might be able to steal it.

It's the little things that will allow us to KEEP our preps. I don't have enough ammo to shoot them ALL. [gun]
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary