Nontypical but insightful Items in your storage

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Alpine Storm, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Alpine Storm

Alpine Storm Monkey++

Sandbags

Because I am not a big believer in "bugging out" I am making my home the primary shelter in case of a mid length crisis. By placing Sandbags in key locations in my house I can have a safe place to sleep as well as stations for defensive shooting.

What's in your stash that is unique?

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Non-electrical bullet casting gear.
    Fitted tarps/blankets to cover all doors & windows inside - think "Light Discipline"! Hooks already in place above and beside each opening.

3. Alpine Storm

Alpine Storm Monkey++

I know this may be a dumb question to you, but what is Lite Discipline?

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

"Light Discipline" - my guess would be blocking out your windows so at night no light escapes. If someone see's a light coming from a house they will know it's occupied - they have a source of at least light and possibly other power sources and heat sources (if winter time).

Just my guess.

5. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Marksmen hides
    A few well placed vents for the crawl space can do wonders for defense

6. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

I was thinking about this to day and decided I needed to add some fly swatters.
    The oddest thing I have in my preps is hot and cold running water. See photo.
    [​IMG]
    Click on the photo to see a big one.

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Re. "Light Discipline" - yep - when the MZB's are roaming, you do not want to show that you have power and they don't! Don't make yourself a target.
    Just like, Don't run a loud generator, alerting all & sundry that they might be able to steal it.

It's the little things that will allow us to KEEP our preps. I don't have enough ammo to shoot them ALL. [gun]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7