Not nearly as mad as WV but...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DarkLight, Jul 10, 2012.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

How is everyone doing with the heat and then the T-storms and hail in the southern Piedmont in NC & SC?

2. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Topic was supposed to be "bad" not "mad"

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

kinda glad we have a pool even if the heat has made the deep end only knee deep....

lots of rain and some wind damage a bit of tin damage... but over all not too bad...

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's just another hot summer. Soon it will be fall. Next comes winter.

The corporate media will spin anything into a rare catastrophe worthy of government attention and increased spending. Their primary job is to constantly remind you how much you need them...of course, we don't need them at all.

TwoCrows and Cephus like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

How many Shopping Days before Christmas........

Cephus likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think you can fix it yourself, but if you can't, we will. Go to edit, go advanced, should be straight forward from there.

7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Rain,wind,lightning,and a little hail.Stopped our drought right in it's tracks I believe.Glad both my ponds are low,don't want to get flooded out again.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

We have been getting more rain here in sunny Florida too, not enough to bring the drought-stricken lakes and rivers back completely but it helps.
    Bad thing is, the wetness has really brought out the mosquitos! I literally get swarmed battling my way to the van each morning, and when I park and get to the house in the evening. Cannot be outside long before nearly getting buried in them! Gotta see if I can find some backyard fogger spray!

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The lower temps sure are a welcome relief. The AC actually cut off last night--first time in three weeks--power bill will be a killer. Been holding off planting the fall garden but today is the day--between showers--YES. Good thing about the drought is that we have not cranked the mower in about a month. The places we watered are needing a trim and the drain fields (septic lines) but they can wait.

10. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I tell my kids every night at dinner that they should be thankful that we have power and A/C (and food/house/etc). I feel for the people without power....

On the flip-side...we made it for 1000s of years without A/C....I guess we could cope.

11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Snowed here yesterday. Temps well below the norm, don't know about you, I'm ready for some of that global warming....

Don't know if I'll even get spuds this year in the garden.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7