NRA view of the SHTF rifle

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Gator 45/70, Oct 6, 2013.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

One of MANY "Dirty Tricks" played by BOTH sides, in the Game of War....

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Yes, would be wise to keep some of these in mind.. would be best to ignore that shiny flashy sort of things, may have hooks attached..

3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Italian Green. Interesting program.

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Keep the M1A very close and an "M" style SKS as a truck gun.

5. Dont

Do love that M1A.. And a 1911 on the belt..

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have a SA stainless 1911 and an old Colt. Son had just returned from AF and gave me another commemorative stainless Colt 1911 for Christmas---have not shot it and probably will never. Looks like a grand gift to the grandson on his 21st--if I live that long. If not he will get it handed to him by his Dad unless he turns out to be a wus. My daughter may end up with it--she is a shooting enthusiast.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  7. Dont

Son got out of the Army and said he wanted me to go with him to buy a pistol.. Asked what he wanted to get.. A 1911, of course!! What all the kids shot since I first taught them to shoot.. Other son , in the AF, went shopping for weapons. Not much luck, he is stationed in NJ.

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Gent is moving from "joisey" locally. He spotted my carry and commented on it. He was amazed that so many carry here in NC. Introduced him to my LGS bud so soon as his NC license is approved he will become a new gun owner. He has fired 4 calibers so far--will take the earphones over this weekend and turn him loose on a couple of rifles. He is like a kid in the candy store--rather funny. Cannot help but chuckle when he says in that Jersey accent--"this is great fun, I'll buy some ammunition(not ammo) next week".

9. Dont

Feel like the kid in the candy store when ever I have a lot of ammo to throw down range. I feel very fortunate to live in Idaho. Have never been questioned on my carry habits by LE. Seems everyone here carries one way or another.

10. magnus

magnus Monkey

I chose my shtf guns based on what I call the 1911 standard. The original 1911 pistol was totally reliable and never failed to function unless there
    was bad ammo in it or it had suffered some sort of battle damage. So I chose the GP1975 AK47, Moss 590A1, and the Glock 22. All of them will
    "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'".

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7