OK So What Happens to the Rest of the US (Martial Law, etc.) if a Nuke goes off in One State Only?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, May 8, 2017.

1. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Neighboring states next to ground zero will be getting large influxes of refugees in varying stages of health and capability. Federal and local aid will be stretched beyond capacity. It will be a deadly stressful time for all.

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If they hit New York City then Oregon will be down to just one Senator - oh wait, we already are, and he does what New York's third Senator tells him to do. I guess he would have to learn how to think for himself...yeah, right....

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I believe if one state gets taken out, the whole country would not stop, could not stop. Our country does not run 9-5, we have businesses that run 24/7, those factory workers would still need to travel to and from work. Martial law would crash the economy. Just look at what an impact that a snow storm has on the economy when a city shuts down. IMO the affected area would be fenced off. If those people were nuked then the survivors will have radiation sickness and they will not be allowed to infect other states. I cannot see Idaho opening itself up to receive 100's of thousands of radiated people. Their possessions will also be toxic and deadly.

There would be mass panic about the radiation but the MSM would pull out the same talking points that they used during Fukushima. I remember when Fukushima was melting down and the reporters were assuring people that radiation was good for you. I recall this one reporter that was saying the radiation from Fukushima was like having 10-12 x-rays. He said x-ray radiation is actually good for the body. I remember when I heard that thinking, if it is so good for us then whey do x-ray techs stand behind a wall?

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Makes me think of Cousin Eddie in Vegas Vacation:
    Clark ... "Eddie, don't you worry about radiation?"
    Cousin Eddie ... "All I know, Clark, is that my teeth have never been whiter, and my garden's spitting out 50 pound tomatoes!"

Ganado, Homer Simpson and Yard Dart like this.
  5. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

OK now I am confused, Originally I had planned if a Korean Nuke hit the State of Washington, I would be able to catch a flight out of Los Angeles to the Midwest, East Coast or South, within a few days of the incident. Wrong, I was told, and accepted, by most of this Forum. I could not get on a plane because the US will shut everything down. Well what is it?

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Its any body's guess .
    For all I know the government has their own plans to fallow agenda 21,
    just looking for an excuse to implement /accelerate it .

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If a Korean nuke, estimated 10 kT capacity hit Seattle there would be no reason to flee Los Angeles (other than it's Los Angeles). It's hard to say just what travel restrictions would be put in place, but I guarantee the North Korea would only get one salvo off.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Why would you go East? the wind blows that way. I would have to pull up a wind map but I think you would want to go South vs. East. Mexico or some place like that but those countries have pretty strict policies on illegals.

PS- you are thinking like the rest of the hoard. Hop on a plane and head out. So will millions of others, they will be evacuating. Stop an think of what route you could use to get out fast.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Even if it were in the megaton range there would be no reason to leave LA or any other place in Cali. Even if the shot hit SanFran there would be no reason to leave LA that doesn't already exist.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Jet Stream...
    [​IMG]

NWS JetStream - The Jet Stream

So if a nuke goes off in WA, head to equator IMO. Most are going to do what you are thinking so do not get stuck in the crowd.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope, If a NUKE were to off in Washington State, those left outside the direct Blast Zone will be going NORTH as fast as they can... You ALWAYS go Perpendicular, or Opposite, to the Prevailing Winds, but in Washington you run into the Pacific Ocean, Pretty Quick, so NORTH is where locals would flee, and our Canadian Cousins would be happy to help us out, for a while, I am sure.... Those that make it to Alaska, will be just fine, and dandy....

ED GEiN likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Everybody meet up at @Mindgrinder 's... he's got free beer!...

Ganado, Mindgrinder, techsar and 2 others like this.
  13. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

1-The National Incident Management System would be implemented
    2-The governor of Washington state would call for assistance
    3- Neighboring states would assist ahead of Federal assets
    4- The President, Director of FEMA, or Director of Homeland Security could and probably would halt air traffic for fear of a second strike and the EMP effects, and halt interstate highway traffic into and out of the affected area.
    5- A call would go out for assistance from other states by FEMA, and needed assets could and most likely would be seized for immediate use in the affected area. (The give receipts for assets taken this way for future reimbursement)

There is nothing in the planning that I have ever heard that mentions a Martial Law order for anything as part of a disaster plan. I have tried to stay awake through a lot of meetings and tabletop exercises and it just is never even mentioned. HOWEVER, deviation from NIMS is expected and the NIMS is written to allow for a fluid implementation. The (semi) educated best guess answer to the question: Not a chance of Martial Law if a nuke hits Washington State. Airline Shutdowns? Yep. Interstate shutdowns in Cali, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana? Absolutely. The shutdowns and emergency management will proceed East as the fallout follows the prevailing wind patterns.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Unwritten rule of politicos. Never let a tragedy go to waste

Homer Simpson and Yard Dart like this.
  15. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

OK Then what are your rough guesses on how long air transportation would be shut down? 2 Weeks after the event,3 weeks after the event, 1 month after the event, longer than a month? I figure the US would retaliate with Nukes right away, or is that an incorrect assumption and things would be shut down once the US retaliates for at least a month. IE, I can't see Major League Baseball being played within 2 weeks of the US dropping a retaliatory nuke. Your thoughts

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Commercial? could be a really long long time.
    Civil probably forever .. once the nuke genie is out of the bottle the govt will be very concerned that any transport could be used for a follow on attack.
    Military .. no shut down at all. they'll be winging all the time and won't have to worry about all the air traffic pre nuke.

ED GEiN likes this.
  17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Full air cap in effect.... nothing moves without strict approval or they shoot it down.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Tempstar and VisuTrac like this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Trains will become REAL POPULAR, REAL QUICK....

VisuTrac likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Greyhound may rebound from obscurity as well.....[LMAO]

ED GEiN likes this.
  20. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Wow Great Point that I never contemplated. I am now a full-time paranoid!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7