Okay, is this a doable type space alot inside a cabin?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by hank2222, Apr 11, 2012.

1. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

If opening and closing a hatch causes "wear marks", what do you think moving an entire cabin would cause ?

Not to mention hiding the rails &/or rollers and the large flat place one is moving the house to every couple months ?

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I covered that in my original post, along time ago. A cantilevered deck would completely cover the rails, and being skirted, you would not even be able to see them. I ALSO mentioned (since I reread my own words) that it would shift only a few feet. (Enough to expose a stairwell).
    With this newer cabin design, the stailwell could be where the gap appears when the sections are separated.

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

LOL, am a house mover and that is the way I think--mobile. Even with that a bud is thinking differently. He is digging a totally underground, covering with two feet of soil over the concrete "roof", and moving a small cabin over it. The chimney will serve as air intake/exhaust and sewer/water pipes double for the lower through manual pump. The chimney hearth conceals their "stairwell". Instead of factory pipe he used treated timber and seconds deck boards to shore up the access/escape tunnel. Not something I would want to tackle--glad he was a younger man with plenty of energy.

4. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Also there is a another way to free up storage space by using vittles vualts in 13 gallon and 20 gallon sized units they are can store 4-five gallon Mylar bags in the 20 gallon sized unit and also the 13. Gallon hold two five gallon bags and -3- 1 gallon sized bags for storage .
    They also can free up ammo storage also if used with plastic bags to store the ammo

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

LOL folks, a "ready storage area" for week to week access and a more remote (from the main cabin) main storage area to keep it more secure.

Just my 2 cents, and don't forget extended medical supplies in 3s.

6. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

You go out with a fresh shave smelling of deodorant and toothpaste someone is going to follow you home.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  7. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

There is soap out there that has no smell and it good for shaving and bathing plus I do not plan to use underarm deodorant.i have toothpaste powder to use to brush my teeth with and it has no smell to it .

T. Riley likes this.
  8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Hank2222 Where did you find tooth powder? I can't. Lots of it when I was a pup.

9. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Amazon has a lot of the socalled all natural type soap and cleaners on it website just poke around there .apple valley soaps have a three in one bar of soap that can double as a shaving soap

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7