On Trucks...

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Hispeedal2, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I have always been a truck guy. My first vehicle was a compact pick up- Nissan, 4 cylinder, 4x4. I never drove anything but a truck until 2008 when I bought a Jeep. I love Jeeps. When I was a wee little kid, my father drove a CJ5. I thought it was the coolest ever. When I finally saved enough after a combat deployment, I went shopping. I found a 86' CJ7 for around 4K. I fixed it up nice and got it running well. There was something missing....

It should have been apparent sooner. It's missing a bed. Now, I'm torn.

Since then, I've been on another combat deployment and decided to sell the Jeep before moving across the country again. When I finally arrived back in AZ, we started looking for another old Jeep or an old pick up. The pick up was easier to find than the Jeep. I ended up with an 1995 F150 with an ole' man's camper top (4x4, quad cab, full size bed). A couple trips to the local mechanic and the only problem I haven't fixed is a sloooowwww oil leak. What can I say, oil is cheaper than the repair.

I am still watching the marketplace for a nice old Jeep. My wife's understanding is that I will sell the truck if I find one.....

I took my daughter truck camping this weekend. While we were there, I decided that the truck/camper were too valuable to discard. With a little gear and the bed as a shelter, we have a nice BO vehicle capable of fitting the whole family. Of course, bugging out is my last resort, but the truck offers too much in this implausible scenario for me to overlook it. Maybe I will end up keeping the truck after-all...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7