One of Our Founding Members, CRC, Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

This was posted by Connie's daughter this morning on Facebook:
    Where do I begin?? This is Laura (Connie's daughter). I'm not sure since I don't have Facebook if this is proper etiquette to post again but wanted to do it on her main page also. My Mom passed away tonight at 9:21pm. My brother and I were not there, and I honestly think that's what she wanted. I think she was waiting to leave the room (as she kept calling it!) until we weren't here. She was surrounded by longtime friends, Bonnie P. and Cheri E. R. and I am so so very grateful for that. I just want to say thank you for the continuous outpouring of love, support, thoughts and prayers you've all been sending Mom's way. Words can't even begin to describe how thankful I am that my Mom has had all of you in her life. It has been incredible to see how many people care about her, from all over. She often said she doesn't have much family, but I know she considered many of you to be family (or phamily for all the Jimmy Buffett friends)! Mom got moved to hospice Wednesday and slowly declined since then. It was heartbreaking to hear and to see her in this condition, but this was the decision she made. She was tired of being in pain. I understand and respected her wishes, as hard as it was and will be. I know that may not make sense to some of you, but it was hard to watch someone you love be so miserable. Mom tried to keep a positive attitude throughout this journey. I know Berkley and our baby girl on the way we're two of her biggest reasons for fighting and trying to beat this terrible disease and for that I will be forever grateful. She has done incredible, especially considering the odds she was given. She was courageous and tried to stay strong til the very end, and I am so proud of her for that. I wish I would've told her more often how proud I have been of her and her strong will to live. I feel strongly that she was at peace with her decision in the last weeks, days, and hours of her life. She was constantly surrounded by people that were so special to her. Thank you all again for your continued prayers. Hug the people closest to you and tell them you love them, every day. None of us are promised tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:(

R.I.P CRC

Seacowboys and Falcon15 like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Vio con dios. You will be missed.

Falcon15 likes this.
  4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

words can not express our sorrow...

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Thank you Laura for sharing the news of your mother's passing with us. From what I have learned of her here is that she was a strong and courageous woman who will be missed very much.

Vale Connie.

Ganado, Seacowboys and Falcon15 like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Rest in peace CRC. May those left behind be bathed in the great memories of your life.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Her dog (Anne Bonny) and I will certainly miss her. I never wanted anything but the best for her.
    To me she was a fragile injured beautiful bird that I loved but failed to heal. May she fly free and happy now forever.

pearlselby, Seacowboys and Falcon15 like this.
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

What I ever should have said, I did. I will miss her random texts and her kindness. I can't allow myself to type anything else except to say that I will never forget Connie.

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bless you CRC on your next journey, May your road to eternal rest be smooth and tranquil.

11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

a little something for Connie...

Seacowboys, E.L., Falcon15 and 3 others like this.
  12. Sassenach

Sassenach Deo Vindice

I didn't know you, Connie, but I send your family my sincerest condolences at their loss, and I send you warm wishes and thankfulness that you are now pain free and in a far better place than this mortal coil. Fly free.

Hospice often gets such a bad rap. But the RIGHT hospice can do wonders when someone is nearing the end of their journey, not only for the patient, but for the family as well.

Seacowboys, Falcon15 and Tully Mars like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My heart is sad at the news of Connie passing. She had a sweet spirit. Her wish was to beat her cancer and attend her granddaughter’s first dance recital. Since CRC has left the room, I know her spirit will be at that recital and she will watch over her granddaughter. Saying prayers for Connie, her family and friends.

Seacowboys, tacmotusn and Falcon15 like this.
  14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

as Shakespeare said "Though she be but little; she is fierce."

[​IMG]
    Make sure to paint her nails "hooker red" (her favorite)

Motomom34, E.L., Capt. Tyree and 3 others like this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Your Pain has ended, and your Spirit has returned to The Maker.... Rest In Peace, Connie, We shall all meet again.....

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Tully Mars, Seacowboys, E.L. and 2 others like this.
  16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

R.I.P. CRC......heaven has another angel to watch over all of us.

Life is way to short...... :(

Tully Mars, Seacowboys and Falcon15 like this.
  17. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

She was one of the good ones and will be missed. Her loss leaves a hole in the world.

Seacowboys, Brokor and Falcon15 like this.
  18. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

So sorry it found this refuge so late and will know her only by her posts. Prayers....

Tully Mars and Falcon15 like this.
  19. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

CC will be missed. She was, like many here, family. She was one of my first friends from the Monkey. She had a ready wit, an infectious laugh, and an indomitable spirit. She will be missed.
    [​IMG]

VisuTrac, Seacowboys, Brokor and 4 others like this.
  20. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Rest in peace Connie, you made the world a much better place! Prayers for you and your family!

Falcon15 and Seacowboys like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7