One Pre-Packed SHTF Bag Grab & Go No Time for Anything Else Your Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Ulterior motives or not, your posts do invite a large range of responses, often to the effect that the posts are a waste of time and resources. And, when you ignore the good parts and crap on the lesser bits of answers, you get huffy and thin skinned. I'm frankly surprised that you keep coming back for another dose of derision.

And, going forward, you might consider that a deleted post was deleted for good reason and ignore the fact that someone did you a favor that you didn't earn.

Capt. Tyree, Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
  2. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Please explain how posting a thread is wasting time and resources? Number one people do not have to read a thread and Number 2. People do not have to reply to a thread. As far as resources, what resources exactly? A Thread line on a list on a forum? Come on this is the chance for you to explain yourself. As an aside, I post mainly because I don't have definitive answers to things and am open to other people's input in regards to the question at hand, not whether this is a stupid question, this is a waste of my time, this is a boring question, etc. I post threads to get answers for myself not to entertain or interest you, nothing personal. You seem to have this endless vendetta against me. I Think People Have Gotten Your Message Already: "I am an idiot, I don't know what I'm talking about, I ask nonsense, I waste resources, I waste time. etc." I think people have gotten your message already.

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

At the time I lived in Big Bear I was in Search and Rescue and other relevant organizations busy helping people . the thought of bailing out never came to mind.
    When I lived in the LA area I was a kid in 64 and 30 miles from the epicenter . My bed moved all over the floor but no serious damage neighbors were pretty shook up though.
    I'm surprised that among the many quakes listed the Whittier quake was ignored . Many of the brick and mortar buildings fell apart and some completely crumbled to the ground near my parents Air Compressor shop in Los Nietos just a few miles from whittier.
    When ever I put something away I consider quake possibilities .

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I worked as an Auditor in 1978-79 with the Forest Service in Bishop, CA and I think Big Bear was one of its substations though I never visited the place. I was "Lost" living in Bishop as it was too small for me but I wonder if today that would be a good place to survive in. When I lived there I don't recall any Earthquakes. I do remember and being surprised at, that there was a large Indian Reservation in Bishop and many of the Indians didn't like white people. Have no idea if times have changed. The Indians I knew at the Forest Service were nice people though. Te surprising thing is even for a place as small as Bishop they had their own Hospital

5. jimLE

jimLE Monkey+++

4-6 Campfire Meal Packets (Freeze Dried Meals just need water)

got any foods that dont need heating or cooking?on account you could end up in a situation,where it's best not to do anything to give away your location.to me,that means no heat source of any kind.mainly a fire.

Tweezers Nail Cutter

to me.those are everyday carry items.and yes,i have both on me at all times.from when i get up in the morning.till i go to bed at night..
    my first pic.goes into my right front pocket.
    folding and pin knife.left front.
    3rd pic.knife belt,and the buckle is the knife handle.that one is my other one.and yes. im wearing the other knife belt.
    4th is a clip on flashlight.front right pocket.
    5th utility knife,it stays on my belt when not in use.
    6th multi use plier.
    so why have these items in a bag,when it (could) prove to be better to have them on your person instead? a person could lose a bag some how.or be forced to leave it be hind for safety reasons.except for the belt knife. i've used each item time to time.if not on a daily basis..
    . DSCN1992.JPG DSCN1993.JPG DSCN1994.JPG DSCN1995.JPG DSCN1996.JPG DSCN1998.JPG

chelloveck likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. ED GEiN
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. DKR
  7. Tully Mars
  8. Motomom34
  9. GOG
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  13. DarkLight
  14. Fatum1965
  15. Thunder5Ranch
  16. Yard Dart
  17. Imasham
  18. Motomom34
  19. AxesAreBetter
  20. yeti695
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7