Opinion Question: If there was an Initial Deadly Terrorist Attack in Your City What Would You DoNext

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

bye.

Brokor likes this.
  2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Get out of Dodge

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You can feel free to disagree with math all you like. It is important to point out that statistics such as these are taking into account the average.

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I suspect my chances of being done in by a Terrorist, are considerably less than even that... by a couple of Orders of Magnitude...

oldman11, mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

The proplem with all of those statistics is there is invariably the "one" that is going to have a very bad day...hope that isn't you.

...well, except for the lottery winner.

Brokor, ED GEiN and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

[flag] BT,watch out for the grizzlies they will get you first and leave little for the terrorist.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have a feeling Grizz's run from BT.

mysterymet likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dey duz runz frum da chick, so he's safe.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  9. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

LOL SO True!

10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

If it is a biological attack, you won't be able to drive away. Roads will be blocked immediately to contain whatever was released. Those plans are already in place and taken very seriously. These plans include "back roads". Two years ago I watched a power point at the EOC about containment and how almost any major city could be closed to vehicular traffic, including boats, within 12 hours of a biological attack, usually before the general population would realize an attack had taken place. Air assets with thermal imaging would be deployed to minimize foot traffic into or out of the affected area, and no fly enforcement over the affected area would be implemented.
    We as preppers must realize that there are people working for .gov and .mil who do nothing but dream up scenarios all day and there is little chance that we have thought of "it" first. If one suspects they are in an area that they would ultimately need to leave for their survival, now is the time and not when "it" happens. This information is just what I, as a very low clearance volunteer asset, am allowed to know. I sometimes shudder to think about the plans I am not allowed to know about.

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Herd em'up,Move em'out, Some plans never change!

12. Brokor

Yes. And remember, about the only thing we have going for us is the general ineptitude of everything "government". Unfortunately, there exists a branch which is certainly not inept, nor is it on any books. In fact, you could claim I'm making it all up since there's certainly no proof to be submitted; believe it or not, if the shtf and the situation calls for their assistance they can be called out and blend right in with any agency. The thing is, they don't belong, not officially, to any actual portion of government and are closely linked to the covert intelligence field. What does this all mean? It means they hold no allegiance at all to any flag, nation, or society. It means they do a job, whatever that may be and in whatever capacity they are ordered. It means you don't underestimate a rabid dog, especially one you cannot see or even remotely comprehend. And, it means you've got to up your 'A' game if you ever intend to play in the big leagues. If there's a method to employ for any and all emergencies to be categorized as being the most severe of necessities, they've got a solution for it. As far as the rule of necessity may go, it trumps all laws, regardless of origin and specie.

ED GEiN, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

How many hours do you think we have to leave the area once a bio attack or any other kind of terrorist attack is initially announced on TV/RADIO/Internet?

14. Brokor

Not hours at all, think minutes at best. The local PD and fire would be on scene with their coordinators, emergency personnel and even military would be en route within the first hour. By the time the broadcast hits, it will most likely already be too late, if there even is a broadcast worth mentioning. Chances are, it will come much later. As was stated, all roadways, trains, buses, airports will be restricted and authorized personnel only would be granted access. These conditions are not necessarily in place to harm you, but to contain the emergency and possibly the culprits as well. There is one caveat, that being a rural area or place with plenty of dirt roads and such. However, these are not typically target areas which means it's not much of a talking point.
    Personally, I'd be more concerned about falling in the bathtub and breaking my neck, which is many thousands of times more likely to occur on any given day and probably twice as much as that on the weekend when I'm tipsy.

chelloveck, mysterymet and ED GEiN like this.
  15. BTPost

If one waits for the News to hit the Local MSM, your are already 5 hours to late...

mysterymet and Seawolf1090 like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Hang some radioactive contamination signs on your place .

17. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

the
    -o-
    If it hits the news media, that means it has been released to the news media by the officials, and their kin has had time to leave before blocking the roads. Any city with a population over 250k you have zero chance of getting out because of gridlock.

As an aside, I was working as an Accountant in downtown Washington DC a 10 minute walk from the Capital Building (a would be target) when 9-11 happened and lived a 20 minute jog from where the Pentagon was bombed and at about 11:30 or so, those idiots didn't dismiss us, I walked by the nearby Grayhound Bus Station and Managed to get on a Bus Out of DC to Breezewood, PA about 3-4 Hours away and the roads were clear. So you never know. Apparently they shut the Bus Station down right afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019
    ED GEiN likes this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

This makes some form of radio communications important.
    Ideally if it is chemical or biological ,the best thing is to find a room with no ventilation and seal up the doors and windows and ventilators if any. Get into a relaxed state and conserve your oxygen ,it may be a few hours/days till it is safe . Being that you can't see it or smell it risks such as testing the air is not advisable so communications with some one out side the effected area is essential .
    Having a mask is good , but the fact of the matter is, there is not one that does every thing (I know of) and I seriously doubt that you'd be carrying it around 24/7. I keep a small hospital type dust mask in my EDC but I wouldn't hike home with it if there is an enclosed structure alternative. My beard does not qualify as a filter.
    Even at that radio active nanoparticles "black dust" settles on every thing ,if in deed that is a threat due to nuclear explosion.
    So wind and or stirring up dust as you walk can be an issue . I would think that having an expendable poncho might help to shed debris off your clothing ,but for long term a BIO suit is preferred.
    Any thing practical you plan to use as a filter cannot be washed out, except volcanic ash ,if that's all it is.
    An alternative might be an oxygen bottle you can carry in your car with a facemask and regulator ,this would flood your face with clean oxygen it might last a few hours ,maybe enough to get out of town . I have friend the uses this oxygen regularly .

19. BTPost

Be very careful if you are sitting in a Sealed UP Room for any length of time, with NO Ventilation ... It is just NOT the Oxygen Levels that drop, but the CO2 Levels rising... Just ask ANY BubbleHead... CO2 is a BIG DEAL, for BubbleHeads...

20. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Why not join your local volunteer fire department or ambulance service or become a reserve sheriff deputy in your county. Be part of a potential solution at best and at worst maybe you will get some type of feeling before everything turn totally to crap. As for me I’d be expecting a call from my reserve unit if something really bad happened.

chelloveck, ED GEiN and oldman11 like this.
  1. ED GEiN
  2. ED GEiN
  3. john316
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. ED GEiN
  8. HK_User
  9. DarkLight
  10. Motomom34
  11. Yard Dart
  12. Motomom34