Opinion Question: If there was an Initial Deadly Terrorist Attack in Your City What Would You DoNext

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Apr 8, 2019.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep. In the bad old days, there were absorbers put out if snorkeling to ventilate ship was, um, ill advised. These days, CO2 is mechanically/chemically reacted out in a PIA known as a scrubber. (There are also two ways currently in use for O2 replenishment.)

2. jukk0u

jukk0u Monkey+++

I saw a government produced film about their testing of the release of bioagents from ships offshore. Those winds would be helpful if it was state sponsored terrorism/outright war and they decided to use a plane, missile or ship.
    If the internet is still available, I'd check the wind speed/direction and my position in relation to the release before exiting or to plan my egress.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Nothing to be gained by deploying off my AO. Now, off the California coast....yup!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Not like it hasn't been done before.

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Apply for oxygen and masks you can keep in your car , office Home shop.
    .Depending on the setting can be good for several hours .

ED GEiN and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Any make and model you recommend. Where can you order this from? Thank You. After 9-11 when I lived in the DC area, I bought a Gas Mask on Ebay. Have no idea where it is today!

7. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Get a scrip from your medic, hesheit will tell you where to go to get the stuff. Or google "portable oxygen" suppliers. You ARE familiar with Google, aren't you?

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It is not a gas mask it is a mask used in hospitals for oxygen and the bottle is enough to last half a day with either a mask or canula .
    point is it does not have to seal on the face as it floods the facial area with clean air.
    I have a machine in my house that provides this air for my friend. and I also have several bottles for traveling or if the power goes out .

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

1. ED GEiN
  2. ED GEiN
  3. john316
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. ED GEiN
  8. HK_User
  9. DarkLight