Opinions - Single most important prep

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CaboWabo5150, Sep 5, 2011.

1. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

We always have large amounts of jelly canned up. Strawberry, blueberry, apple, and black raspberry are the most common. We also have a LOT of PB. The world may go to hell in a handbasket but we will have PBandJ.

2. Robryan

Robryan Monkey+

I don't know if it is the most important but way up there is having Lasik eye surgery done. Unbelievable how much better it is when hiking and not having to worry about contact lenses or glasses, Just think in a SHTF situation what shape you would be in if you lost your glasses or contacts.

CaboWabo5150 likes this.
  3. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

I've been thinking of that.. Right now I keep several extra pairs of spec's... Besides the money, the only thing holding me back on the Lasik is the risk.. I know people get it done every day, and it's relatively safe these days.. But my eyesight is not something I am ready to gamble with. Even if the odds are pretty safe.. You don't get a 2nd chance with your eyes..

ghrit likes this.
  4. dcoates

dcoates Monkey+

Water, Shelter, Food, a good handgun, and a plan!

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Been absent as of late...But I had to jump in and say something...
    Not particularly useful to too many and I hope it's taken with the mindset, that after all it's ALL about SURVIVAL. RIGHT?
    The ability to take a life is one thing, the "willingness" is far different when it comes down to personal defense.
    I have seen people "fold"on that subject. Paper targets are NOT like people. Neither are cans, plywood or concrete blocks. It's not like having to defend against a mad dog, a mountain lion, or a bear. It's personal. And yes, it sucks.
    Without the proper mindset, all you are is a walking statistic carrying goods others may seek to relieve you and yours of...Your food, your water, your loved lones, and your very LIVES!

BTPost, Sapper John and CaboWabo5150 like this.
  6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Cattulus said a steadfast faith in God---I agree whole heartedly sir but with the knowledge that Joseph prepped for 7 years prior to the lean years. Before Moses led 2 1/4 million Israelites out of Egypt they had prepped for the journey(which was supposed to last only a few weeks). When Jerusalem was put under seige they lasted for years. They were able to do so because they had preparred for such. A "steadfast faith in God" is formost in any situation but if you have failed to do your part of the situation and your family is starving that faith becomes a burden. The Bible says that a man who fails to provide for his family is worse than an infidel. Please do not rely only upon blind faith. God gives you the sense enough to prep--we need to do our part in the equation.
    Come to our gatherings and learn just that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7