original British-issued basha

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Mar 25, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I'm looking for a British-issued basha that is sold in the U.S. I've found many, but they're all sold in the UK or are not real bashas. Does anyone know of a military surplus carrier that sells these in the U.S.? I'm looking for the brit version of woodland camo (not desert like the pic below). Bashas are very tough pieces of equipment and have heavy duty eyelets.

Thanks.

NOTE: I have a Swack Shack, but I'm looking for a basha (specifically).

10513a_orig.

**Not interested in discussing why I can't just use a poncho or a tarp. I'm specifically looking for a basha.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

3. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Silverman's also might carry it there on there website the exhange rate can be done on the website if i remember it right at check out

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Aussie Hoochies

The Brit Basha sounds like the Australian Hoochie (half shelter) used by the Aussie military....two half shelters can be joined together with press-studs to make a shelter for two. These should be readily available from online stores / e-bay.

Australian Hoochie Tarp Flysheet - Jon's Bushcraft SHOP

Gear Review. Auscam Hootchie Tarp - Part 1. - YouTube

9 Different Poncho Survival Shelter Set-Ups - YouTube

Anyone skilled at origami should be able to fashion a design that suits the particular circumstances. Under certain atmospheric conditions, internal condensation can be an issue, though if the walls are angled correctly and the hoochie kept taut, condensation should run down the tarp instead of dripping on the sleeper/s below. Digging shallow, surface water diversion drainage trenches is highly recommended.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7