Perimeter intrusion detection

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Airtime, Oct 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Wow, way too high tech. create choke points and use trip wires connected to, erm, I don't know claymores, grenades, shot gun shell salutes, flares, a collapsing circuit that sounds an air raid siren and my very favorite, the bee hive! Seriously, you don't want to knock over a bee hive. The yelling by the intruder is a sure sign that your being encroached upon. There was a dead skunk a maybe 40 dead bees at the hive the other morning. Sucked to be that skunk.

2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I may well be wrong but I have the desire for my intruder detection to be applicable to more than all out jungle war. I think it could tie in to a very good home security system that is quite useful when not in an TEOTWAWKI situation. I don't think things that could hurt people or create fires etc are desirable. I have to provide and protect my family and staying out or jail and well below the LE radar is critical. Everything needs to be legal and also quite justifiable with a non-SHTF explaination.

I just want to silently know if and where someone is approaching. Creating choke points etc is all well and good but I have 100 acres of wide open but somewhat rolling crop land to my west and it would be easy to approach from a host of directions if someone wanted to hike a mile to come in that way. I think perimeter detection is less risk to my family, is applicable in peace time and probably could cost less than other options to secure and maintain all quiet on my western front.

Just thinkin.
    AT

chelloveck likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Start with fences.

VisuTrac likes this.
  4. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I have a 130db pocket screamer personal alarm that I got from Radio Shack in 1999.It's slightly bigger than most personal alarms,but has a major plus.
    It has the leaves for a door jam,a panic pin that can be pulled by hand,or trip wire,and the added plus of a 180*motion sensor thats good out to about 30yrds.
    It probably would'nt be to hard to mate it with an FRS/GMRS/MURS/UHF talkie,where it would transmit instead of scream.
    Matt

BTPost likes this.
  1. melbo
  2. melbo
  3. BTPost
  4. BTPost
  5. Beano
  6. Gunny Highway
  7. Avarice
  8. dragonfly
  9. Ommega
  10. TnAndy