Personal Drones.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

They have been used for years to harass legal hunters, run off game animals, spy on legal hunts on private land, fabricate lies, and in general, be a flat out nuisance.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

macana.

3M-TA3, Tully Mars and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  3. kellory

I like the launchers. I use a weighted line to place a high limb cutter. I may try the slingshot method, since I hunt with one now.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Full Auto paintball gun, If you blind it, It will come down.

TactikMinigun.JPG

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

3M-TA3, kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  7. kellory

It begins. Current vote has more than %90 in favor of the shoot down. [winkthumb] they are not welcome at my place either.

Quigley_Sharps and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I can shoot one down up here in the township with no repercussions. So the 870 has a load of #7-1/2 in standby.

"Remote locations are cheap insurance."

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ganado likes this.
  10. kellory

“What we’re doing is holding space on the water," said Maya Jarrad of the Climate Action Coalition. "We’re saying, ‘We were here first. This is our space. Please do not enter that space and create a dangerous situation for us.’”

First off, the waterways are public access, and the RIGHT TO TRAVEL is being blocked. That should be enough to have the way cleared by cops.
    They are relying upon the ice breaker crew to not push through?[LMAO] ever heard of a pinyata? Heck, if it were my crew, we'd push through, and spread the lines or cut them as needed. (Gently, and offer the new passengers a ride to the next port, or dropped over the side, as they choose.)

oldawg, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  11. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

It would seem the issue was maybe not him taking out the drone. The certain issue was using a firearm within city limits. Had he used an air gun or spud gun with tennis balls, he'd might be fine legally. This confirms the need for drone defense systems that are not firearms. Hmmm....
    Kentucky man shoots down drone hovering over his backyard | Ars Technica
    Man charged after shooting down drone - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

Happy Hunting
    AT

12. kellory

Nope. Not just discharge of a firearm (and any projectile may qualify in your area. Bow and arrow, and bb guns are firearms here). Falling debris is also a concern.
    According to the Academy of Model Aeronautics safety code, unmanned aircraft like drones may not be flown in a careless or reckless manner and has to be launched at least 100 feet downwind of spectators.

The FAA says drones cannot fly over buildings -- and that shooting them poses a significant safety hazard.

("An unmanned aircraft hit by gunfire could crash, causing damage to persons or property on the ground, or it could collide with other objects in the air," said FAA spokesman Les Dorr.

Merideth said he's offering no apologies for what he did.")

13. kellory

[​IMG] have harassed hunters for years.

[​IMG] this crap needs to end. Now.

[​IMG] if a deer, dies on my property, with a hunter not ten feet behind it, I am under no obligation to allow him to pursue onto my property. It is courtesy, but not required. I should have no obligation to allow for drone removal, for the same reason.

Since the FAA is concerned with falling debris, I suggest only semi-autos be used, and pumpguns with at least five shots be used, with no less than four hits be required for a mounted trophy. Care should be taken to ensure only small pieces of debris exist to fall, so terminate with EXTREME prejudice.
    Extended feed tubes are recommended.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  14. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

In a previous life I was on an Advanced Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ARAC) for the FAA working on a lot of sport aircraft and pilot stuff (all the Light Sport Aircraft rules eventually came out of it.) A take away is one needs to pay very close attention to the specific words the FAA (and probably all federal entities for that matter) use for various things. For example an ultralight, hang glider or paragliders are NOT "aircraft" rather they are "ultralight vehicles" to specifically get around the law that congress passed mandating the FAA certify and register "aircraft" and license the pilots of those. Back in the early 80s by calling these new toys "ultralight vehicles" and creating a definition that was different than the definition of an "aircraft" under the law, that is how they side stepped certifying, registering and licensing (the FAA's three legged stool for aviation safety) those.

Watch carefully and you'll see similarly careful words about unmanned aircraft vs aviation models etc. The AMA (used to work with those guys too) is just an association providing various services, such as liability insurance, training programs, advocacy with the .gov, etc. for their members. It has no legal authority beyond normal contract law as articulated in the agreements as conditions of memberships. Good outfit headquartered right outside Munce, Indiana.

AT

3M-TA3 likes this.
  15. kellory

......so...they will call the falling trash "rain" and will not care where it lands?;)

16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  17. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I've used RC 4 Wheelers to run cable in dropped ceilings so if your good it should work.

Tully Mars likes this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

SlingShot or Bow & Arrow with monofilament Fishing line works better.... For that Tobit....

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

He has a wrist rocket he maid from pvc as well.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7