Personal information - MUST READ

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Airtime, Jan 14, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

That thought had crossed my mind also....confirming what they think I think who I am, might be very confusing, for them as well as me....my profile on SM holds no secrets!

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

There is a lot of smoke out there to confuse things. It helps that certain places I may or not have been were rental abodes, thus others in and out at that particular location are tied to me like we were related in some way. They have the present address correct, much of the rest is a toss up as to whether true or not. Think I will just leave it alone and not deny or confirm any of it.

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Creepy as fart. Also had a strange possible associate on mine.

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The dang thing had every member of my ex-wifes family and two old girlfriends listed on my Known Assoc...... :eek:
    I did have to narrow the window a little on the search, since the first pass missed me.....but then it nailed me pretty well as I expected it would. If you ever get divorced, buy a house and so on....there are public records on you. And with the merging of technology, it gets harder everyday to hide from those that want your info.

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  5. chelloveck

no marriage, no divorce.....the wages of living in sin with a common law spouse may be anonymity ;)

Brokor likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Hail Hydra!

mysterymet likes this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'm not paranoid but we give out enough information here to do damage if some one was really determined ..
    Fortunately Im not worth any thing , just surviving on SS .
    I was tempted to use the service to find a long lost friend ,but if people want to be found they can go on face book.
    If I'm long forgotten, may be it's just as well.
    Secondly ,inspiring a search might just put a spot light on some one that doesn't need that at this time.

chelloveck likes this.
  8. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

Its weird it had an address that I never even lived at

mysterymet and Motomom34 like this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ah, that was the address of the person whom attempted to steal your identity. ;)

Brokor, mysterymet, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  10. chelloveck

Doppelgangers have to live somewhere.....

[​IMG]

Who was looking at their faces? :D

Mountainman, yeti695 and VisuTrac like this.
  11. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

Well if I looked like either one of those, my life would be set, except I would not be married to my wife. Its crazy I know the house thats listed, I just have never lived there. Had a distant family member that lived there, but they are not smart enough to steal anyones identity. Then again they must just be putting on a real good act.

chelloveck likes this.
  12. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

I didn't make their list under my married name! Been married 8 years now to the new hubby. However they do have me as my old married name at his address from 12 years back.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Looked up a friend since 1990 that I had a bad falling out with back in 2008 and have not talked to since. Found out they died last year in January, THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!.

14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Also they didn't realize on the site that my mom passed away years ago. That must mean she has been voting democrat, right?

15. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Thanks. Another thing to do is to check your credit from time to time.

16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The site appears to be as "accurate" as Spokeo. Which is to say, not at all for most folks.
    Missed that both of my folks are dead, several brothers not listed etc.

I'm not going to check for me, but none of the relatives shown - to include my parents, list me.

Still, thanks for posting the link.

17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hmmmm...... seven "associated people" I never heard of, several phone numbers I never heard of, a few addresses I never heard of.
    It had mother and father listed, but their listed ages are as if they hadn't passed away when they did. No mention of my sister or other relatives.
    I ain't paying ten bucks to get the good detailed dirt on myself. I figure much of it would be bogus.

DKR likes this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i dont understand opting out, you have to verify its you and that is in the database as well

why verify what they have?

i had a private eye tell me one time the best way to hide was in plain site. Have multiple false leads with your name.

Yard Dart and Mountainman like this.
  19. Unique

Unique Monkey

They have my marriage licence but that seems to be it

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

They had my first wife but not the second? This may or may not be a bad thing?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7