Pest Control

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Ganado, Jun 13, 2015.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Snakes .. get turkeys
    Mice / rodents .. get cats
    ants, earwigs, silverfish .. get chickens/guinea fowl
    garden pests .. get diatomaceous earth.
    wasps / hornets .. really soapy water
    yellow jackets in the wall or ground nest .. mixture of DE (diatomaceous earth) and Pyrethrum.

arleigh, Ganado and Dunerunner like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Actually I think I've found something simple.
    A lot of critters do not like onions ,and merely having them growing in the garden helps as well as having a few around the house inside . At least around here onions seem to have a repelling effect on every thing. I personally don't mind the aroma of onions and I'm told that putting a cut onion in a room with a person with pneumonia will help purify the atmosphere . Whether it is true or not , it can't hurt.

Ganado likes this.
  3. AngelWard

AngelWard Neophyte Monkey

There are many DIY methods to remove pest from your house but hiring a professional pest control service can have several benefits when comparing it to controlling pests such as rodents, spiders or termites on your own. Professional exterminator in Milford CT have specialized plans according to your infestation and they are trained to know how their products work and where to put them inside and outside of a home.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Milford is a long way from here, won't do a lot of good for me to engage their services and expenses. I'll just have to fall back on the DIY suggestions from the other members.

chelloveck likes this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I only engage professional exterminators to test the C component of my NBC warfare defence preparations....though truth to tell, some feel a little intimidated by a client dressed in full NBC PPE. :eek:

6. For mice and rats there is another way to deal with em. Believe it or not fresh coke. mice and rats cant belch. They love the sugery taste, and will lap it up instead of eating other food. The carbonation will cause their stomachs to explode. I did this in KY. in the horse barn once when we had a problem, and it was suggested to us. 2 times a day, I would fill several dishes in and around the barn. did that for 3 days. We found 37 dead rats those first 3 days. Most within a few feet of the dishes. But some where farther away. So I would not do it in a house, where they may get into the walls before dying.

oldawg, Ganado and arleigh like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

That is truly a genuine novel approach ,this I have to try. coke

Ganado likes this.
  8. They will drink down sugar water too, till they starve to death. But that just take too long. Nice thing about the coke, Is it wont hurt any farm animals. BUT, be warned. They will drink it to, So place the dishes where mice and rats can get, But not your other animals.

Edit: one other point. Its the sugar, so don't expect sugar free to work.....lol

9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

one of those prepper topics uber uber vital but given little attention and prepped prepared for even less >>> RATS !!!!

Being prepared means recognizing a potential threat and understanding how to neutralize it. After surviving the crisis, you will wish to protect your food stores from an enemy that only hunts at night. A large rat population can decimate your entire pantry in just a few days.

https://prepperswill.com/get-rid-of-...et-rid-of-rats

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Ganado
  2. hot diggity
  3. chelloveck
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. hot diggity
  6. Motomom34
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Bishop
  9. DKR
  10. DKR